KO7
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by natahoa View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KO7 View Post
I've had Compustar 2-Way paging security systems in my previous few cars but the system isn't compatible with my BMW M2.

Whenever my car is parked outside my house for a few hours (instead of in the garage), I'll put the key fob into a faraday pouch so the signal and the car don't get poached. Ditto what someone else said about never leaving valuables or bags/backpacks visible.
That is interesting.

If I kept my key card in the car in a faraday pouch, it wouldn’t activate? We are going on an extended trip in a few weeks, and having my husband carry the card in his wallet would give him access to the car.

He never drives it, but for that trip we need to take either the second key and/or the key card. I’ve been looking for a solution to let me leave the key card in the car just in case we need it.
Yup, leaving the key in the car in a faraday pouch wouldn't allow the car to start. In fact, you could theoretically lock yourself out of your car if you somehow unlocked the trunk and then put the key in the pouch followed by closing the trunk with the pouch inside of the trunk.

I wouldn't recommend leaving the keys in the car though in case a thief finds it. I'm so risk-averse, that I even leave my spare key in my safety deposit box at my bank. Whenever I'm away from home but the bimmer is in the garage, the only way it's getting stolen is if someone breaks into my garage, opens the garage door, and then tows the car away.
Appreciate 1
natahoa252.00