bassrebel
The Lazy one...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 C300 4Matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassrebel View Post
Hey guys!

I recently purchased a used AVIN unit. It boots and works ok, but I am having some troubles...

My X1 came with OEM screen, GPS, parking sensors, rear camera, Idrive, etc...

With this unit I am having a tough time getting the rear camera to function properly. I see that the unit and sensors are working, since it goes to the rear camera mode whenever I get close to something, and I hear the beeps, however, I can't see it.

I saw that by going to system settings and changing the camera, I could select original camera. I did that and now all I hear is the beep, it won't even get in the rear camera mode.

Also, It does not have any OEM functionality... whenever I hit car info or whatnot, it just shows an analog clock.

Something else I've noticed is that I have no audio... I can hear the regular radio, but whenever I go into carplay I can not hear anything...

Lastly... no factory GPS. To solve that I purchased a GPS splitter, which will get here soon.

Any pointers? I just connected the main harness and the fiber cables to the main unit and the other end to the monitor. Other than that I have not connected anything.

I have been trying to look for any instructions for CIC vehicles but have not been able to find anything... if at least I could know what cables I'm taking out, I could have an idea on how to solve this.

Any help?
Looks like I purchased the wrong unit... my unit has a monitor (4pin lvds cable) vs non monitors without any... hoping they’re can either have an adapter or something that I can purchase
Appreciate 0