View Single Post
      03-02-2020, 04:17 PM   #121
NorCalAthlete
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M4CX - Tanzanite / Tartufo

I'm a project manager in tech right now. Making the transition to product manager currently, but been debating on jumping over to sales or marketing. As part of volunteering I've been organizing and planning a bunch of charity events and such and I've found that I enjoy the socializing a hell of a lot more than my current day to day grind - and I'm better at it than most. The social aspects mean that I'm excited to see emails in my inbox instead of dreading the next list of defects to pass on to my QA team or something. The stakeholders, customers, etc I deal with through the volunteering are just on an astronomically different level in every regard compared to the software my team builds / maintains.

We'll see where I end up over the next few months - I randomly and coincidentally had 4 major companies reach out to me cold via Linkedin in the same 2-week time period so I started entertaining recruiter asks to apply for certain positions. I figure it never hurts to practice interviewing if nothing else, and at least 2 of the positions would be a significant bump in salary (~40%+ increase in base salary, though once you factor in bonus and stocks it'd only be about a 20% increase). One of the positions would be potentially a 200% increase in salary. Any of you in tech in the bay area can probably guess which company that is.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8211.00