12-07-2019, 08:04 PM   #5
HeynowbababooeyAckAck
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 & X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime78 View Post
16% off is well below cost and a new build as well...wow that's incredible.
What leverage did you have in the deal other than not buying it, that took them well below cost? Other than the MBA of course....I want to learn how to execute the same when it's my turn.
Thank you. I walked in asking initially for an absurd 20% off (knowing there was no way in hell and assuming they’d come back at a lowball 5-10% off. They came back higher than expected and said we can do 13% (At the time I was fine with that deal, but I said to myself I already have them at 13% off, why not shoot for higher; worst they can say is no and we do the deal at 13%. I waited a few hours at the dealer, it was getting late and they said they couldn’t do better right now but let’s continue tomorrow. I walked away knowing 13% was still on the table no matter what. So either way I was happy. But, me being in finance I decided push my luck. I called them this morning and said let’s get a deal done your at 13 I’m at 20, I’ll meet you in the middle and they said we will do 16%. I said, deal! I flew down to the dealer and signed! The rest is history.
Appreciate 0