04-07-2010, 09:56 AM   #38
Imola.ZHP
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW i3 BEV EE

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubble bubble View Post
BTW - a friend had the same floormat issue in a Ford F350. He took it to the dealer and was told "yeah, that happens all the time with winter floor mats." But you never hear about Ford or others having the same issue?!?
Do some more homework friend, they tried to blame it on a floor-mat issue, its not a floor-mat issue, there is something seriously wrong with their cars...

That lady in a Lexus es350 put the car in nutral, reverse, etc, it wouldn't stop, and the brakes were of no help. I haven't done a lot of "homework" on it because I don't much care (no-one in my family has one of those cars), but from the little I've heard it seems as though the gas-pedals in some toyotas are now "wireless." This just spells disaster IMO, what if some crazy frequency interrupts that signal? Apparently gear selection has gone wireless as well or else you could just put the car in neutral and let the engine blow up. If the gas-pedal and gear selector are wireless, I would think the brake pedal would be too, which makes sense why they say the brake isn't "overriding" the "system," that same lady said she had every force in her body pressing on the brake with nothing happening in response...

Scarry, sure it might be cheaper to start making components in a car wireless, but some things just don't need to change...

Anyone with more knowledge on the issue feel free to correct me on anything I've got wrong. My point was just that its not just a simple floor-mat issue.

- 2014 CPO i01 BEV Electronaut Edition Capparis White Tera World, '17-
- 2015 CPO i01 BEV Laurel Grey Tera World, '17-
- 2015 i01 REx Laurel Grey Tera World, '15-'17
- 2003 CPO 330i ZHP Imola Red Build 03/03/03, '06-'15

Last edited by Imola.ZHP; 04-07-2010 at 10:02 AM..
Appreciate 0