View Single Post
      03-10-2024, 10:47 AM   #222
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C - BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
It was MAX in the V-race . Confirmed by MAX => https://racingnews365.nl/verstappen-...ust-in-de-tent
During the Jeddah race Verstappen kept on clocking fastest laps. Towards the end that stopped. Sounds like Verstappen suggests that he decided towards the end of the race not to push too hard anymore and to simply control the gap to Checo:

Translation:
"Excellent, I was counting down the laps. It wasn't very exciting, of course, but on the other hand that's nice. The car was just going well. We had quite a long stint on the hard tyre, of course, but everything was under control. Traffic at the end was a bit tricky because my tyres got too cold. It's tricky then when you end up in dirty air. But in the end it just went well."
"The start on the hard tyres was difficult. I had little grip and that lasted for a few laps. Then we were able to steadily extend the lead. Of course, it's a bit less exciting when we only stop once. There was no tyre wear, so then it's just managing your speed. You always try to widen the gap to Checo, but you also don't want to push unnecessarily with the walls here. So you have to find your rhythm."
And about sim racing after the Jeddah qualies, also topping the charts over there, instead of sleeping like all other pilots:
- Thursday: iRacing at 3am: dominated FP1
- Friday: F1 qualies: pole position + iRacing at 3am: pole position
- Saturday: F1 race: race win + iRacing at 2am: race win
"I played iRacing last night. When you have a bit of time to yourself, you have to have fun. And I could absolutely sleep long."