View Single Post
      10-18-2023, 06:13 PM   #10
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
Rep
Drives: Hellcat & Miata

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerDKT View Post
Fair point. I don't find all the new technology stuff that invasive. And a lot of it can be disabled. For me, the question is about time and fun factor. My time is valuable ... I've spent a large portion of my 20's wrenching/thrashing on my race cars. If I didn't have a day job and a family, I'd just buy parts and start doing the work. But that's just to get it back to normal E90 M3 status ... which is a tad slow, soft, and lacking in torque. I am admittedly a little bored with it.

The BW is only V8 manual sedan left on the market. And unlike the G80 M3, I actually like the way it looks. It looks like it is a ton of fun. But I'd like to hear from other BMW enthusiasts on whether it's worth the cash commitment ... or if a fully built out E90 is still a better car for a degenerate who just likes to drift around corners with the kids in back.
You will only get biased answers from BMW people.

The BW is the 1 car that I would replace my Hellcat with for DD duties, but I am not going to pay $100k for it. For a weekend toy? I want something like the R8
2009 Mazda6
Appreciate 0