07-05-2023, 11:58 AM   #55
///d
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 35d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
YOu Americans amaze me in your willingness to just walk away and move somewhere away from family.
Not sure how this comes from a vacation thread, but ok.

I'm looking to move away from "home".

Wanna know the last time I saw my brother or sister outside of a holiday? Can't recall because it never happens. Nor do they call unless they need help with something. Last time I saw grandparents outside of a holiday? Fuck... years. And thats fine with me because my family isn't close. We all have our own lives to live.

I can't stand the state I live in. Not being close to my family will have zero impact on my life. My dad is really the only one that it will be hard to be so far away from, but thats not to say visits can't happen. It'd probably be good for him to leave his small podunk town.

I think we 'Mericans view distance a little differently than most other countries. Some of our states are the size of or larger than a lot of other countries. 100 miles? Day trip. 1000 miles? Extended weekend.

I would think Aussies and Canucks would be the same with the amount of land those two countries cover.

My Diesel Information Thread | My Wheels, Tires, and Fitment Thread | My Teardrop Camper Build | My F15 Suspension Lift Thread
Appreciate 3