04-07-2022, 12:28 PM   #21
SharpAndCunning
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregthegr8 View Post
I don't even know how to quote the quote, but quick responses:

Polestar - I had 2016, so last year of the I6. There were no trims on the limited 2015s and 16s, you just pick your color. They came fully loaded with every option. Loved the turbo inline 6 + exhaust sound on that, was VERY bmw-esque. 2017+ they changed to a turbo + supercharged 4 cylinder that made more power, but didn't have the same sound or character. The transmission got heavily upgraded though as well from 2017 on to an aisin 8-speed instead of a prior 6-speed. I'm also not sure what the year of the newer model is that finally got the updated interior. The 2015 and 16's and their archaic interior/infotainment was completely outdated when it came out, let alone years later.

With that said, I haven't driven a newer polestar with the 4-cylinder.

Then, as far as the connected drive/bmw assist thing when 2G was shut down, it was pretty ridiculous. You still had to take your car into the dealer and sign some paperwork to get the $ which may have been some visa debit card or something, and then they just put a sticker over your SOS button. I don't think they did anything else. I only had like 1 year left on the BMW assist and was not going to pay the $99/yr to renew/continue it, so took the $.

no worries on the quoting. I only did it because I was responding to a lot of messages. I immediately went towards newer one, just because of low mileage, etc. I can totally see the older ones and the archaic infotainment center. I thought the X1 was "bad", coming from a Genesis, but wow!

They are definitely appealing to me. I may have to go look for one. The one close to me is the modern 4 cyl. While I like the sound of the I6, finding a low mileage 2016 might not be feasible.

How was yours on the reliability front? any issues? How many miles were on it when you sold it?

Ahhh, gotcha. Thanks for the info. Back when 2G went to 3G, I still have like 4 years remaining on my subscription, so I opted to get it "upgraded". Really, the biggest things for me are the theft detection and the cell phone app to unlock my car. I've used that quite a bit and I am going to miss it.
Appreciate 0