03-25-2021, 05:57 AM   #81
bassrebel
The Lazy one...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 C300 4Matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheela View Post
I wonder if your injectors could be getting clogged? It might not hurt to throw a bottle of chevron techron fuel system cleaner in the tank and see if things improve at all. It's atleast a cheap thing to try in the meantime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheela View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassrebel View Post
Since I've been working from home and not had the need to drive the truck I haven't done anything... quick, weird question... would it be possible for the installer to mix the wiring for plugs 4 & 5? Maybe the coils are working, maybe the plugs are working OK... maybe the problem is the wiring?
I remember reading on a different thread that a guy started having misfires on one cylinder after putting in new plugs. He pulled the new plug, and the ceramic insulator had gotten cracked when having its gap set. Apparently it's pretty easy to do that if you aren't careful.
Another new plug fixed the issue. I saw in your earlier post that you looked at your old plugs, but have you tried pulling the new plugs in 4 and 5 to look for any damage?
I don't have the tool for the plugs so that'll be something I'll have to buy. I mean it's worth taking a look at them to see...

And yes, I did buy Lucas fuel treatment for it... I guess another bottle wouldn't hurt