Nuckle
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 Defender X

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShopVac View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckle View Post
Mine is just a 54 gal tank. No offense but your pics of the behind the scenes makes me think I am no where near ready for salt. I had no idea it took all that. Maybe I'll just do a 135gal fresh water tank.

Pic of more of my tank. We are finally ready to add more fish again after some illness. We lost about 10 fish due to ick. I have since installed a canister filter.
Always wanted a curved front tank like that. Hard to keep the glass clean? Really like the look there...

As for my fish room...you don't jump into that. You find something to make a process easier, and progress. Only thing you need is willingness to fail and learn from it. Because you will fail.

But...my clowns are over 18 years old...my yellow is 16. I never had freshwater fish that long. So it's got rewards too...
It not hard to clean if you do it by hand. I wait until I am doing a 25% water change and use a sponge mommy. I like the tank because it fits in a corner and does not take up much space. We keep ours in our eat in kitchen where we eat most meals and can enjoy the fish while enjoying food. We have had this tank for about 6 months and it's our first. We have lost 8-9 fish so far but I think we are finally getting the hang of it. We were getting ready to add more before covid. Right now we have two angels, black shark, parrot fish and two silver dollars.

We are planning on getting a 135gal for our dining room in the future. Saltwater fish are so freaking cool, I am just concerned we don't have the room for all the equipment needed to keep it running well. I can live with the work and the failure early on just not sure where I could put it. I am planning on putting the tank on top of the piece of furniture attached. All equipment would have to fit below. Thoughts?
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
kscarrol8966.00