FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miss Daisy

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Our03z4 View Post
So here's the deal. I did enough flights trying to get my private license that I don't feel like I should continue progress (this was a year ago). I was doing fine but wouldn't be surprised if it took me 80 hours. My wife is willing to give it a go instead but I have to give up my new car budget. This is so we could buy a plane when to that point and to do training as fast as they allow. I'm 100% sure she could pass, smartest person I know and has a photographic memory. Also is excellent at using mechanical things and directions. She did the introductory flight and flew with me when I was learning.

The question is. Do you fly enough to justify the time and financial commitment? We primarily just want it for faster travel, it's not uncommon for us to drive 3 hours each way for dinner. A Cessna 172 would be our plane of choice and is what I learned on. Only worry I would have is that we get everything and hardly use it or find it doesn't make sense. Yes, 1st world problems.

Also how well does it work flying into a city and being able to get to where you're going? I guess ride share since many fbo's don't have cars for longer use.

This has always a dream of mine so this is another way I can still keep it. Just don't have the learning ability I use to have due to some things that medically happened. The feeling of being in the sky offers a freedom that is a unexplainable!

Thanks for any advice, I truly appreciate it!
Rich people problems
Appreciate 0