View Single Post
      10-05-2018, 10:54 AM   #26
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
I doubt the rear seats can be easily removed, they are part of the carbon tub. The whole tub would need a full redesign, and that would drive the costs up and the likelihood of it happening down.
My thought is that the "life module" will be reworked entirely anyway because the car will borrow nothing aesthetically from the i8. This can allow the "drive module" to accommodate a different combustion engine.

Quote:
I still think the S63 makes the most sense, plus with a mild hybrid it would easily surpass 700BHP, maybe even 800. As much as I like the S55/8, I don’t think it’s the right engine here.
I feel that a V8 hybrid would make the business case more difficult because they still want this to be a "do more with less" product that is to some degree in keeping with the BMW i ethos and leverages the money they've spent on building the brand as such.

Quote:
BMW has exactly one chance left for a last hurrah supercar with an ICE core -the swan song of its combustion engine expertise. By 2030 it will all be obsolete, crushed into oblivion by a multitude of thousand+ BHP electric hypercars.
Possible quibbling over the precise timeline aside, on this I agree with you.
Appreciate 1