01-17-2015, 05:39 PM   #44
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twix View Post
Had this installed on Thursday, really disappointed. I think my car actually lost power. Falls on it's face at 5k RPM. Took it back to the dealer yesterday and they confirmed something isn't right. Test drove a 328Xi with the tune and it definitely had a lot more go. Anything we should be looking for? Maybe a faulty box?
Something is definitely wrong then. The 328 tune and the X1 tune are for all practical purposes the same tune. I am sure Calgary has reached out to our technical support although they won't get a response until Monday. Couple things that could be to blame, the software didn't take or it was interrupted when installing. Calgary would be able to hook up to the box and see if this was the case. Harness not fully plugged in perhaps. Could be a bad box as that's not totally unheard of. Or it could be something totally unrelated. Won't know until the tech and warranty talk about it. Regardless, it will get resolved. I will check in with warranty on Monday morning and make sure that your situation gets looked at quickly.

Are you in the Dinan tune 328 as a loaner in the meantime out of curiosity?
Appreciate 0