View Single Post
      06-17-2014, 02:28 PM   #50
atomic
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 x3 x-line white

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grovsnus View Post
Of course they are separate systems, captain Obvious, which is why I said "ASS and Eco PRO" and "ASS or Eco PRO". Note the words "and" and "or" which separates the two.

They have something in common in that both trade performance for reduced fuel consumption. With ASS, the engine has to start first before you can move, which impedes performance (which is why there is a button to turn it off).

The reason why I even mentioned Eco PRO (and driving like a church lady, and driving with A/C off) in a thread about ASS was because even the combination doesn't save enough fuel to make it worthwhile, so ASS on its own certainly won't. Compared to the other costs of keeping the car, the savings are negligible.

I believe that anyone who bought a BMW X1 28i/35i/25d and then looks for ways to trade driving fun for fuel economy bought the wrong car. If the ASS of a 28i was what tipped someone over into buying one, more fool them.

When you take your foot off the brake, the car starts up, increases the rpms, engages first gear and then you can start rolling. By that time, I am already halfway across the intersection with a grin on my face, enjoying how the car is so responsive.
Once again misinformation. Eco-pro decreases performance. Ass does not. Well it does decrease the performance of your a/c unit when stopped but it doesn't decrease driving peformance because you are stoppped.

As for eco-pro.. I don't like it. It decreases performance. The only reason I could see to use it if you are far from a gas station and you don't know if you have enough gas to make it.
Appreciate 0