06-16-2014, 02:10 AM   #47
Grovsnus
Flight Lieutenant ≛
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Le Mans blue X1 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottomfg View Post
Even in your scenario (apparently you are always the first at a stoplight and never have cars in front of you), I could still be neck and neck with you while using ASS. This is because I am an attentive driver: I pay attention to other cars around me and the lights for cross traffic at the intersection, and thusly, by the time my light turns green, my car has already been started, and engaged in gear (which, you know, takes less than a second) because i have anticipated the light changing. It's really not too hard, and is something I've long practiced before having ASS.
You must live in a far more traffic congested area than I do. Yes, I'm often the first and only car at red lights. That also means there aren't any cues telling how long it is until a green light (other than if you can see the light in the crossing direction turn yellow, but you can't always trust that either, if there are turn lanes). With the sensor plates, it'll likely only take a few seconds at most before it turns green, and for really short stops, ASS won't save you any gas. (And with half the sensor plates broken or miscalibrated, it also often means rolling forward to trigger a green light, but that's another issue.)

Anyhow, feel free to use ASS and anything else. But if you delay in getting rolling, people here aren't afraid of high-beaming you.
Appreciate 0