Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petros View Post
A Lincoln Blackwood (remember them?) is also rare and limited. Does that make it an exotic? The way I see it, a car is an exotic if it makes people lust over it yet very few can achieve it. Rolls, bentley, Bugatti, Ferrari, etc. are all exotic. People lust over them. Kids hang posters on their bedroom walls of those cars. People dream of the day they see one, let alone drive it. Limited production, astronomical pricetag, and very high demand makes those cars "exotic". A Lotus may have the limited production numbers, but it lacks either the prohibitive pricing or the massive demand and lust over it that would make it an exotic. It's a niche car, made to target a very small specialized section of the car market, basically the handful of trackrats who want a relatively affordable track weapon out of the box.
The blackwood never sold because nobody wanted it. It is rare due to low demand. Lotus hand builds their cars (explaining the terrible build quality) which they are rare/limited.

If you're a kid with a poster of a Rolls/Bentley on your wall, you're going to be either a rapper or a lawyer. You're confusing expensive with exotic.

Of the two cars pictured below, the exotic one is the Rolls Royce?

Name:  lotus.jpg
Views: 1070
Size:  67.8 KB

My new rule of thumb is that you a guaranteed a spot on the exotic list if you have a fucking roof scoop (functional or not). End of story.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0