02-09-2014, 02:36 PM   #9
BeemerX1
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredrik_wt View Post
My X1 is as good as any of My old Subarus in snow and winter road, in Deep snow even better, X1 dont make spinning wheels with for exempel front right and rear left.

35i has never been sold in europe at all as I know... Im a bit scared for the life of the transmision, as I been told, the over limit is 400nm but 430 will be ok says the swedish tuners.

Nice to hear the X1 is a beast in the snow, seen the photo's in the other topic as well. I get the feeling a X1 loves snow.

400nm is stock.
Alpina, Schnitzer,... the bigger known BMW tuners that give nice garanty (on the website they promote it) they go from 200hp/400nm (on average, on the rolls you got other values then on paper) up to 235-250hp/440-450nm so they hold it very very safe.

A good tuner will get it up to 250-270hp/450-490nm. Much depends what your car is performing stock, if the exaust/DPF is changed or not, wil they pussy out a keep on the safe safe side, will they max out and risc it or wil they put it safe on a clean tune with ideal poweroutput.

Power isn't the problem but as mention torque is. Some say 500nm is the maximum, other say 490 is high but 480 is no problem at all for heavy and long safe use.

However, the 23d is still kind a unique for tuners, even the one's that know what they're doing and did the engine before are stil suprised when they see the car perform before, during and after chip tuning on the rolls.
(Twin-turbo make's a nice linair torque output, max values don't count alone.)

Alot of crap tuner out there so whatch out, but if you're happy like it is just keep it like that.
I wasn't totaly happy with the engine/car so it only made it better. My 1st idea was to get it around or over 300hp and around 600nm (budget was 3000 euro for engine tuning) but then I got the sad news the gearbox wouldn't take it.

Never knew the 3,5i wasn't sold in Europe, the facelift has the 25d (oure engine a little bit changed, I think 218hp?) and the 2.8i (2l petrol 4 piston bi-turbo 240hp). Nice to know, then I will have the fasted X1 around here.

Last edited by BeemerX1; 02-09-2014 at 02:53 PM..
Appreciate 0