View Single Post
      10-13-2011, 05:34 PM   #65
babanghida
Registered
Rep
Drives: X1 sdrive18d

Hi people,
my first post here. Sorry for my english, a bit rusted as I don't use it so much especially in writing. I'm a X1 sdrive18d driver with 65.000km on the clock in 14months. From the day one I felt that something's wrong with clutch. First I thought... I'll get use to it, it's a new car. Judder first appeared on steep uphill parts, then also on normal everyday driving with perfectly plain road . It was getting worse in stop and go city driving (I think it's related with heat, higher temperature arround clutch the problems are more pronounced).
After few attempts with new software, finally dealer decided to change the clutch @ 33.000km. It was fine for few weeks but then problem came back. Again they insisted on software remap as a part of warranty procedure, but nothing really changed. Finally after lot of insisting they ordered once again new clutch and new flyweel (63.000km). I saw the photos, clutch plate was full of scratch marks with slight change in colour (turned light blue). Also traces of black oil found on flywheel. After change overall feeling was much better (clutch pedal was kind a lighter to press), but at the end problems are back after just 2000km. Don't know what to do, it seems that we are dealing with problem without simple solution.
Appreciate 0