XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-24-2012, 07:22 PM   #1
LatinBimmer
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: X1 2013 White
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Lima

Posts: 310
iTrader: (0)

carbon fiber mirror covers X1 2013

Hello!

Does anybody fiitted carbon fiber mirror covers on the X1 2013? Any pics? Worth the price? It's around 500 dollars on eBay.

I will receive my X1 alpine white 2013 Sport in two weeks and I'd like to see real world pics...
LatinBimmer is offline   Peru
0
Reply With Quote
      11-24-2012, 08:38 PM   #2
Grovsnus
Flight Lieutenant ≛
 
Drives: Le Mans blue X1 35i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: CT

Posts: 848
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatinBimmer View Post
Hello!

Does anybody fiitted carbon fiber mirror covers on the X1 2013? Any pics? Worth the price? It's around 500 dollars on eBay.
Why eBay? They're not that much more from BMW, and then you get the real parts with a warranty, not knock-offs without one.

Anyhow, nothing personal, but I think they're detract from the looks, because they won't match anything else on the outside. If there were other exterior CF parts they could match, it would be different, but there aren't.
Carbon fibre for a unified look, sure, that can be awesome. But in one place just because you're supposed to ooh and aah over CF? And eBay ones at that? Nah, that's like wearing fake Cartier cuff links with a nice flannel shirt.
Grovsnus is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      11-24-2012, 10:36 PM   #3
BEAMERBOI
Photographer
 
BEAMERBOI's Avatar
 
Drives: x1 35i M version 2013
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: South Florida

Posts: 486
iTrader: (0)

do them yourself like i did cheap and so so easy
Attached Images
  
__________________
BEAMERBOI is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-25-2012, 09:17 AM   #4
LatinBimmer
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: X1 2013 White
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Lima

Posts: 310
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grovsnus View Post
Why eBay? They're not that much more from BMW, and then you get the real parts with a warranty, not knock-offs without one.

Anyhow, nothing personal, but I think they're detract from the looks, because they won't match anything else on the outside. If there were other exterior CF parts they could match, it would be different, but there aren't.
Carbon fibre for a unified look, sure, that can be awesome. But in one place just because you're supposed to ooh and aah over CF? And eBay ones at that? Nah, that's like wearing fake Cartier cuff links with a nice flannel shirt.
Thanks for your comments my friend!

Why eBay? Because in my country the covers from BMW are 1,200 dollars.
btw, this is a dealer selling on eBay genuine parts http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...obalID=EBAY-US

Ps: I will consider your style comments
LatinBimmer is offline   Peru
0
Reply With Quote
      11-25-2012, 09:38 AM   #5
Grovsnus
Flight Lieutenant ≛
 
Drives: Le Mans blue X1 35i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: CT

Posts: 848
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatinBimmer View Post
Thanks for your comments my friend!

Why eBay? Because in my country the covers from BMW are 1,200 dollars
[Insert expletive], that's about twice of what we pay here! Then eBay makes more sense, yes (unless you have to pay like 100% Peruvian import duties and tax when buying from abroad).

By the way, the BMW ones have a thick shiny lacquer finish -- I'm sure BeamerBoi could do that too if he really wanted, but his do look a slight bit different - more carbon-fibery. Like half the inside of his car.
Grovsnus is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      01-26-2013, 04:19 PM   #6
MyOneAndOnly
New Member
 
Drives: 2013 X1 M-Sport - Mineral Grey
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Boston

Posts: 6
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAMERBOI View Post
do them yourself like i did cheap and so so easy
Hey, I got a 2013 X1 M-Sport in mineral grey a couple months ago and wanted to add the carbon fiber mirror covers. Did you simply cover your original covers with 3M Carbon Fiber vinyl?
MyOneAndOnly is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:24 AM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST