XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

02-05-2013, 10:59 AM   #23
jph1

Drives: 2013 X1 28i xdrive

I had this problem also

I had about 3300 miles on the car and got the engine malfunction. A lot of engine vibration also. They changed the O2 sensor. It worked for about a half a day. Then the vibration came back along with the limp mode and warnings.

It turned out to be an injector. They were out of stock, none in US, waiting for parts in Germany. Two weeks later, got my car back. Runs fine. Still a little strange that they wouldn't have spare parts in the US.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 02:30 PM   #24
weichunc
Registered

Drives: BMW X1

just bought my 2013 X1 4 weeks ago and had 2200 miles on it. I drove on the freeway this morning to work and all the sudden got the "engine malfunction and reduce power" message from onboard computer...
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 03:26 PM   #25
xyz100
Private

Drives: Challenger

Appears that Cal vehicles affected by this issue. Guess BMW is trying to comply with tough emission laws by reducing engine power.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 01:56 PM   #26
weichunc
Registered

Drives: BMW X1

Just got a call from BMW service rep, they told me they need to replace the turbo charger unit because of its malfunction. My question is the car only had 2000 miles on it, how it that possible the turbo charger unit is no good.....
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 02:40 PM   #27
edx1
Private First Class

Drives: X1 xDrive35i

Turbo failures are pretty uncommon for BMW but a broken waste gate is possible but those are easy to detect. I wonder if this will fix the problem.

Are most or all these reduced engine power problems isolated to the low emission N26 perhaps?
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2013, 05:36 PM   #28
BatManWins
Private

Drives: Le Mans Blue X1 35i M

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullini View Post
Well I have had my X1 (sDrive28i) literally a week and yesterday, driving slowly in a shopping center parking lot, there was a loud BEEP and then a flashing message on the IDrive:

ENGINE MALFUNCTION - ENGINE IS OPERATING ON REDUCED POWER. GO TO YOUR NEAREST BMW CENTER.

:

I wonder what happens when someone puts diesel in a gas engine...or the other way around...

BatManWins is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2013, 03:57 PM   #29
henryw

Drives: e84 sdrive

Had the same problem when test driving a F30 328i a few weeks ago. That car only had like 5 miles on it. Seriously, it really brings up my concern about the reliability of the new N20 turbo.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2013, 05:16 PM   #30
babu88

Drives: BMW X1 28i

I am in Canada. Had the same problem back in Jan this year. I only had the car for 4 weeks at the time. I was on a long trip on the highway when the engine light came on yellow and then engine starts shaking and decrease in power on the highway. The engine light became RED. It turns out the one of the injector was bad. Luckily there was 1 injector instock at another dealership. I got the car back in 2 days.

I made a complain to BMW relation and I they never got back to me. Today the engine light came on again. I am not happy with this one so far.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2013, 11:26 PM   #31
rajeshchand

Drives: BMW X1 S20D

Parts replacement on warranty is a real pain to get executed, here in India the waiting period is two weeks, reason: parts come from Germany. I had to replace the headlights on warranty and it took two weeks for the replacement, they have a tedious approval system, for which you need to take the vehicle to the service center and they take photographs of the item, then they mail it to Germany after their approval you can take back the vehicle (if it can be drive, else, i asked them the same question and they had a big question mark on their face, of course, replacement vehicle). Once the parts arrive, you get another appointment with the service center.
rajeshchand is offline   India
Appreciate 0