XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > X1 DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-06-2014, 06:28 PM   #1
FrozenInCND
New Member
 
Drives: 2014 BMW X1
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Edmonton

Posts: 24
iTrader: (0)

Chamberlain Door Opener

Hi all

This my first post. We just picked up our first BMW, a X1 X-Drive 2.8 with the X-line option and pretty much a full load. So far we are really enjoying it, the one problem I am having is setting up the garage door opener. I have tried every possible combination I can think of, and I just can't get it to work. I have no problem clearing any previous codes, but thats about as far as I get. I have tried with the pocket remote, at distances from touching, to an arms length away. I have tried using the learn button on the motor unit, but nothing seems to work, I never seem to get the fast blinking light on the mirror. The door opener is not that old, maybe 4 years, its a quite common Chamberlain opener that I purchased from Home Depot. Any suggestions?

Thanks Again
Lenard
FrozenInCND is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2014, 05:21 AM   #2
jhsu
Private First Class
 
jhsu's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E90 M3 6MT
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Newport, RI

Posts: 150
iTrader: (0)

Your door opener has a standard that is newer than the one that your BMW uses. I had the same problem with my Chamberlain. You're just going to have to use the remote that came with the garage door opener. I bought a second one for my other car.
__________________
jhsu is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2014, 08:17 AM   #3
Gort
Klaatu Barada Nikto
 
Gort's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 X1-35i
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: A Bipolar Planet

Posts: 1,158
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenInCND View Post
Hi all

This my first post. We just picked up our first BMW, a X1 X-Drive 2.8 with the X-line option and pretty much a full load. So far we are really enjoying it, the one problem I am having is setting up the garage door opener. I have tried every possible combination I can think of, and I just can't get it to work. I have no problem clearing any previous codes, but thats about as far as I get. I have tried with the pocket remote, at distances from touching, to an arms length away. I have tried using the learn button on the motor unit, but nothing seems to work, I never seem to get the fast blinking light on the mirror. The door opener is not that old, maybe 4 years, its a quite common Chamberlain opener that I purchased from Home Depot. Any suggestions?

Thanks Again
Lenard
I had the same thing happen with a Chamberlain opener. Check out this thread on how I got mine to work.

http://e84.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=911698
Gort is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2014, 09:55 AM   #4
FrozenInCND
New Member
 
Drives: 2014 BMW X1
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Edmonton

Posts: 24
iTrader: (0)

Thanks Gort

I will go buy another opener and see if it works, and try the between the window, and multi push trick.

Last edited by FrozenInCND; 05-07-2014 at 10:10 AM.
FrozenInCND is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-08-2014, 06:45 AM   #5
Gort
Klaatu Barada Nikto
 
Gort's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 X1-35i
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: A Bipolar Planet

Posts: 1,158
iTrader: (0)

Be persistent, mine took a few repeats but it finally took. If you still have trouble, there are some Chamberlain openers that require adding a "repeater" (if your Chamberlain has a yellow antenna wire it may need this). If so, call Homelink and I have heard they will send it to you for free.

https://secure.homelink.com/homelink...ter-kit-detail
Gort is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      05-08-2014, 11:47 PM   #6
FrozenInCND
New Member
 
Drives: 2014 BMW X1
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Edmonton

Posts: 24
iTrader: (0)

Thanks Gort.

Got home tonight pulled in the garage, figurard I would try some of your tricks. First try and I get a fast blink after trying the remote between the window and the back of the mirror. Very cool! Climbed up the later and one push of the door opener learn button, and a push on the mirror button and I'm done works great.

Thanks again
FrozenInCND is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-09-2014, 06:00 AM   #7
Mr Kleen
teh porcupine
 
Mr Kleen's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 135i "Nina"
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Wiesbaden

Posts: 1,554
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2013 BMW X1  [0.00]
2012 BMW 135i  [2.75]
My 135i wouldn't learn the remote for our garage door. I haven't tried the X1 yet, but this post as motivated me to try this weekend. Thanks for the tips.
__________________
Mr Kleen is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      05-09-2014, 08:06 AM   #8
Gort
Klaatu Barada Nikto
 
Gort's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 X1-35i
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: A Bipolar Planet

Posts: 1,158
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenInCND View Post
Thanks Gort.

Got home tonight pulled in the garage, figurard I would try some of your tricks. First try and I get a fast blink after trying the remote between the window and the back of the mirror. Very cool! Climbed up the later and one push of the door opener learn button, and a push on the mirror button and I'm done works great.

Thanks again

Glad to hear that it worked. They have very good range too, mine will open the door from almost a block away.
Gort is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      05-27-2014, 09:45 PM   #9
Carlin/14/E84
New Member
 
Drives: 2014 x1 bmw
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: az

Posts: 17
iTrader: (0)

The kit is for free, but the shipping is $7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gort View Post
Be persistent, mine took a few repeats but it finally took. If you still have trouble, there are some Chamberlain openers that require adding a "repeater" (if your Chamberlain has a yellow antenna wire it may need this). If so, call Homelink and I have heard they will send it to you for free.

https://secure.homelink.com/homelink...ter-kit-detail
.
Carlin/14/E84 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-25-2014, 01:14 PM   #10
Carlin/14/E84
New Member
 
Drives: 2014 x1 bmw
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: az

Posts: 17
iTrader: (0)

Actually it cost $7 and the shipping is for free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gort View Post
Be persistent, mine took a few repeats but it finally took. If you still have trouble, there are some Chamberlain openers that require adding a "repeater" (if your Chamberlain has a yellow antenna wire it may need this). If so, call Homelink and I have heard they will send it to you for free.

https://secure.homelink.com/homelink...ter-kit-detail
.
Carlin/14/E84 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:24 PM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST