XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-04-2010, 01:12 PM   #1
mozdal
Private First Class
 
mozdal's Avatar
 
Drives: E84 & F20 & F10
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Turkey

Posts: 174
iTrader: (0)

Unhappy Hit&Run while my car was at service

Yesterday, I left my car to the dealer for routine maintenance and rear brake pad change. Today at 10.00 AM I got a call that my car was finished and my advisor told me I can pick it up. At 15.30 when I was on my way to the dealer I got a call that someone hit my car from the driver side and ran away. They offered me a free fix "door panel has to be changed". I insisted they trade my car with a new one and count it as if it is not damaged "Painted cars' 2nd hand prices drop dramatically in Turkey". The dealer accepted my offer since they are also the distributor of BMW in Turkey. They are going to make me an offer tomorrow but the problem is that I bought the car for 51K Eur, now a brand new one with exactly same specs costs 57K. They said they are going to offer a lower price just for this case. I think they have to sell me the new one without any making any profit. We'll see what will happen tomorrow.
mozdal is offline   Turkey
0
Reply With Quote
      11-04-2010, 03:17 PM   #2
mario486
Mario
 
mario486's Avatar
 
Drives: X1 XDrive 2.0d, Mini Cooper
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Scotland/Alba

Posts: 981
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozdal View Post
Yesterday, I left my car to the dealer for routine maintenance and rear brake pad change. Today at 10.00 AM I got a call that my car was finished and my advisor told me I can pick it up. At 15.30 when I was on my way to the dealer I got a call that someone hit my car from the driver side and ran away. They offered me a free fix "door panel has to be changed". I insisted they trade my car with a new one and count it as if it is not damaged "Painted cars' 2nd hand prices drop dramatically in Turkey". The dealer accepted my offer since they are also the distributor of BMW in Turkey. They are going to make me an offer tomorrow but the problem is that I bought the car for 51K Eur, now a brand new one with exactly same specs costs 57K. They said they are going to offer a lower price just for this case. I think they have to sell me the new one without any making any profit. We'll see what will happen tomorrow.
So sorry to hear that Mozdal! Hope it works out for you. You are right to insist that they sort it and give you a like for like replacement. The car was in their care and they need to look after it.
__________________
"Do or do not, there is no try!" - Master Yoda
"Always in motion is the future" - Master Yoda
"Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is" - Master Yoda
"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living" - Nelson Mandela
mario486 is offline   Scotland
0
Reply With Quote
      11-04-2010, 05:26 PM   #3
niknik
Private First Class
 
Drives: X1 23d
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Portugal

Posts: 113
iTrader: (0)

You really haven't been lucky with this X1, hope the new one will be better!
niknik is offline   Portugal
0
Reply With Quote
      11-04-2010, 07:20 PM   #4
Kres7787
Second Lieutenant
 
Kres7787's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW X1 sD 18d JB
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Croatia

Posts: 229
iTrader: (0)

Jeez unbelievable... Sorry to hear that
Kres7787 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-06-2010, 11:53 AM   #5
mozdal
Private First Class
 
mozdal's Avatar
 
Drives: E84 & F20 & F10
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Turkey

Posts: 174
iTrader: (0)

First of all, thank you all for your good wishes.

The car is being repaired at the moment. Most likely the door will change. After long talks and a meeting, the dealer accepted to either repair it and install extras like alpine hi-fi system and x-line that matches the value depreciation of the car, or they will buy my car for its non damaged value and make a discount of nearly 3K for a 58K worth configuration. If I choose the second option, new one will arrive late february in best case. I am more willing to swap the car but that's the expensive way

My new configuration is like:

Servotronic
Alpine White
X-line
Aluminium roof rails
Sport steering wheel with multifunction
Anthracite elektra cloth
317 17'' rims
Bi-xenon
Auto A/C
Armrest
PDC rear
Anthracite headlining
Navi Business
USB Interface

Light&Rain sensor, light package, steptronic, auto dimming mirror are standard.

What are your thoughts about this configuration? Any recommendation, criticism will be more than helpful Hope the dealer offers a good price

Lastly, photos of the door:





mozdal is offline   Turkey
0
Reply With Quote
      11-06-2010, 03:30 PM   #6
aris
Second Lieutenant
 
aris's Avatar
 
Drives: X1 xdrive 23d
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: GREECE

Posts: 206
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I vote for the new one, specialy the white...
and think about the 23d....
aris is offline   Greece
0
Reply With Quote
      11-07-2010, 07:27 AM   #7
constantinos19
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: bmw x1 soon
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Cyprus

Posts: 38
iTrader: (0)

+1 white one
constantinos19 is offline   Cyprus
0
Reply With Quote
      11-07-2010, 03:45 PM   #8
pereru
Spanish Member
 
pereru's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW X1
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Spain

Posts: 100
iTrader: (0)

That bitch!!!!. I hope everything is resolved smoothly for you.



Are they going to change your car by a single knock at the door?






Good Luck
pereru is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-07-2010, 04:40 PM   #9
tompak23d
Private First Class
 
tompak23d's Avatar
 
Drives: 328iA xDrive
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Sweden

Posts: 118
iTrader: (0)

Sorry to hear. Good luck with your dealer...

Regarding your configuration, the things I love most with my car is:
Panorama sun-roof
Rear camera
H/K Speaker system
Electric sport seats
tompak23d is offline   Sweden
0
Reply With Quote
      11-08-2010, 04:12 AM   #10
mario486
Mario
 
mario486's Avatar
 
Drives: X1 XDrive 2.0d, Mini Cooper
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Scotland/Alba

Posts: 981
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tompak23d View Post
Sorry to hear. Good luck with your dealer...

Regarding your configuration, the things I love most with my car is:
Panorama sun-roof
Rear camera
H/K Speaker system
Electric sport seats
My treat to myself in the X1 is also the leather, electric, heated sport seats with lumbar support Absolutely brilliant. Most comfortable seats I have had in any car that I have owned. On long journeys you can extend the bit under your thighs which is also great.

Folding mirrors are important here with the narrow streets.
Auto box is also very nice.
__________________
"Do or do not, there is no try!" - Master Yoda
"Always in motion is the future" - Master Yoda
"Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is" - Master Yoda
"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living" - Nelson Mandela
mario486 is offline   Scotland
0
Reply With Quote
      11-08-2010, 03:42 PM   #11
mozdal
Private First Class
 
mozdal's Avatar
 
Drives: E84 & F20 & F10
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Turkey

Posts: 174
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aris View Post
I vote for the new one, specialy the white...
and think about the 23d....
Quote:
Originally Posted by constantinos19 View Post
+1 white one
Thanks, the color will probably be alpine white this time. And unfortunately the only version of X1 that's for sale in Turkey is xDrive20d Auto. No 23d

Quote:
Originally Posted by pereru View Post
That bitch!!!!. I hope everything is resolved smoothly for you.



Are they going to change your car by a single knock at the door?






Good Luck
I also have the chance to have the car repaired for free and they'll also make some favors like fitting alpine system for free, but my priority is to replace the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tompak23d View Post
Sorry to hear. Good luck with your dealer...

Regarding your configuration, the things I love most with my car is:
Panorama sun-roof
Rear camera
H/K Speaker system
Electric sport seats
Quote:
Originally Posted by mario486 View Post
My treat to myself in the X1 is also the leather, electric, heated sport seats with lumbar support Absolutely brilliant. Most comfortable seats I have had in any car that I have owned. On long journeys you can extend the bit under your thighs which is also great.

Folding mirrors are important here with the narrow streets.
Auto box is also very nice.
Thanks for your advises

tompak23d I have the panoramic sunroof on my X1 now, and I realized that I'm not using it at all I checked Navi Business and USB Interface this time instead of sunroof. And I've also decided to add Hi-Fi option. Harman/Kardon system is superb, I know it from a friend's car but its a bit pricey

mario486 I was also thinking of having the sports seats leather is a problem in summer heat 15 minutes of driving and you'll end up with a wet back We don't have narrow parking spaces here in Turkey so I think no need for folding mirrors. Last spring I was in Brussels and the parking spaces were so narrow because of the tram that everyone had to park tight to pavement. On one journey, tram hit one of the parked cars' mirror and took it with itself. If Scotland is also like that I'm seeing the folding mirror's necessity
mozdal is offline   Turkey
0
Reply With Quote
      11-09-2010, 06:01 AM   #12
geotah
New Member
 
Drives: X1 xDrive20d
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Greece

Posts: 16
iTrader: (0)

This kind of accident is the one that makes me very angry.
But thing about a couple of things.
What if the driver that hitted your car stayed there? He/she would probably give you the phone of his/her car insurance and in this case your door would be replaced at all!
What if the car (or the new car you are talking about) be hitted while you are in your job or your vacation or ...? Then nobody will pay for your damage!
I friendly advice you to have your car repaired for free and get the gifts the dealer gives you!
geotah is offline   Greece
0
Reply With Quote
      11-09-2010, 07:22 PM   #13
mozdal
Private First Class
 
mozdal's Avatar
 
Drives: E84 & F20 & F10
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Turkey

Posts: 174
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotah View Post
This kind of accident is the one that makes me very angry.
But thing about a couple of things.
What if the driver that hitted your car stayed there? He/she would probably give you the phone of his/her car insurance and in this case your door would be replaced at all!
What if the car (or the new car you are talking about) be hitted while you are in your job or your vacation or ...? Then nobody will pay for your damage!
I friendly advice you to have your car repaired for free and get the gifts the dealer gives you!
Hey geotah,

Thanks for your advises You're right everything can happen to car while its parked outside, but what bothers me is that the dealer is not fulfilling its responsibilities by not parking the car in a proper parking lot. They said my car was parked on the street because their parking lot was full! Unacceptable. You have a car you love and plan to use for 4-5 years and its door gets replaced not because of your fault or not when in your responsibility, but someone else's. This is kind of upsetting Anyways, the car is already repaired and I'm waiting for their offer. My first option is to change the car if they offer me a good price. Otherwise I'll kindly accept their gifts -gifts that I'll choose- and continue the journey with my grizzly bear.
mozdal is offline   Turkey
0
Reply With Quote
      11-10-2010, 08:21 AM   #14
geotah
New Member
 
Drives: X1 xDrive20d
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Greece

Posts: 16
iTrader: (0)

Hello mozdal,
You are absolutely right about the car. Even the smaller scratch is enough to make you feel sad.
I wish you at the end you 'll have the best solution for you!
geotah is offline   Greece
0
Reply With Quote
      12-22-2010, 06:08 PM   #15
xrraated
New Member
 
Drives: Honda civic
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: san diego USA

Posts: 5
iTrader: (0)

re: sell my car online for free


I always try to use autotrader to sell my trucks before I trade them in.
xrraated is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-23-2010, 12:10 PM   #16
ognam
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: BMW X1 Sdrive20
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Barcelona

Posts: 36
iTrader: (0)

Well, if you get a new car by this caress you will be my hero. This sort of things are unthinkable in Spain.


Good luck!
__________________
bmw X1 Sdrive2.0 '09
saab 900T 16v '90
vw polo tdi '03
ognam is offline   Spain
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:07 PM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST