Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

04-28-2013, 06:33 PM   #1
aramosc
Private
Rep
Drives: X1 S-line 28i

X1 Preconditioning

Hello all,

When I ordered my X1 the SA told me briefy about the preconditioning feature. I tried looking for more info on this but there was only info on the Active E. Do any of the current X1 owners use the preconditioning system? if so.. How does it work?
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2013, 06:46 AM   #2
Grovsnus
Flight Lieutenant ≛
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Le Mans blue X1 35i

If you have signed up for BMW Assist, you supposedly are able to use a cell phone app to send an instruction that the car start its interior fans. A few minutes after giving the command, the fans should start running, and keep on running for 20-30 minutes.
I didn't know it was available for the X1, though. My dealer never gave me the forms for signing up for the free BMW Assist, so I don't have it.
It's probably not a big loss, as I couldn't rely on it anyhow - half the places I regularly go have no cell phone coverage at all. (Most European countries, including those far less densely populated than the US, had close to 100% geographical coverage twenty years ago. Here, we're still not pushing 25%. It's embarrassing when people from Europe visit and their phones stop working as you drive. They're not used to that.)
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2013, 07:30 AM   #3
HBWT
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1X 2.8

IIRC, that iPhone feature not available for X1.
Per BMW...

"My BMW Remote apps.

You left your BMW quite a while ago - but you're still not quite sure whether you locked it. All it takes now is a few clicks on your iPhone - with the My BMW Remote app from BMW ConnectedDrive.

The My BMW Remote app is the remote-control solution that more than lives up to its name. Regardless of where you happen to be, you can always contact your BMW on your mobile phone. Open up or lock your car easily and conveniently. Via Google™ Local Search, you can also locate the addresses of destinations using your iPhone and then use the My BMW Remote app to feed them directly into the navigation system in your vehicle.

Of course, functions like these demand highest security fail-safes. And that’s why the registration procedure for BMW ConnectedDrive asks two owner-specific questions that only you (or a person authorised by you) can answer. To ensure even greater security, the application on your iPhone is additionally protected by a user-defined PIN code. And the Remote Services of the My BMW Remote app from BMW ConnectedDrive are extremely practical in many different situations.

BMW Apps is compatible with iPhone from version 3GS and requires the special equipment Remote Services."

HOWEVER...

"Parked Car Ventilation" is decribed in the Owners Manual on page 106 of my 2013 manual. Haven't tried it yet so I cannot attest to its performance.

Last edited by HBWT; 04-30-2013 at 08:02 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2013, 08:03 AM   #4
HotRodW
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1 xDrive28i M Sport

With iDrive you can set the car to ventilate automatically at a specific time of day. No app required. Main Menu -> Settings -> Climate.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2013, 02:27 PM   #5
nospam
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 Alpina B6; 430i; X5 40e

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotRodW View Post
With iDrive you can set the car to ventilate automatically at a specific time of day. No app required. Main Menu -> Settings -> Climate.
You can also activate it manually, which comes in handy when you are heading into a store to shop for example.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2013, 02:56 PM   #6
HBWT
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nospam View Post
You can also activate it manually, which comes in handy when you are heading into a store to shop for example.
The choice to "Activate parked-car vent." is not highlighted in my "climate" screen and cannot be checked off. However, the two "timers" ARE highlighted and can be set. Not sure if they do anything or not.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2013, 04:30 PM   #7
nospam
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 Alpina B6; 430i; X5 40e

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBWT View Post
The choice to "Activate parked-car vent." is not highlighted in my "climate" screen and cannot be checked off. However, the two "timers" ARE highlighted and can be set. Not sure if they do anything or not.
The ignition must be off before the manual option is available.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2013, 07:45 AM   #8
HBWT
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nospam View Post
The ignition must be off before the manual option is available.
TY, I'll give that a try. Funny though, I don't recall seeing that outlined in my manual. I guess I'll be re-reading that section again.
Appreciate 0