07-17-2013, 07:37 PM   #23
Grovsnus
Flight Lieutenant ≛
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Le Mans blue X1 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxical3 View Post
No way, that's really strange. I have about 12,000 miles on my P Zero's and they easily have another 10,000 on them. And this includes many drag strip runs and AGGRESSIVE driving (I'm making about 430lbft torque). You may be eligible for the manufacturer's tire warranty, if there is one on your tires.
It's only the rears that display wear too. Yeah, some, ehrm, spirited driving, but that's why I bought it
Well, I'm going to switch to non-RFTs anyhow, probably the Michelin PS2s, so this will give me the final incentive. I'll still hear with the dealer - won't hurt to have spares.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 08:39 PM   #24
Michaelc82
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Just bought it

Alrighty, Total comes to 41k with sales tax uggghhh california!

Just finaliZed my credit app at dealer tonight.. Signing lease tomorrow.. These guys better not pull any funny business on the lease!
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 08:48 PM   #25
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grovsnus
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxical3 View Post
No way, that's really strange. I have about 12,000 miles on my P Zero's and they easily have another 10,000 on them. And this includes many drag strip runs and AGGRESSIVE driving (I'm making about 430lbft torque). You may be eligible for the manufacturer's tire warranty, if there is one on your tires.
It's only the rears that display wear too. Yeah, some, ehrm, spirited driving, but that's why I bought it
Well, I'm going to switch to non-RFTs anyhow, probably the Michelin PS2s, so this will give me the final incentive. I'll still hear with the dealer - won't hurt to have spares.
PSS's have a tread warranty and are better in the wet than PS2's, they do however have slightly softer sidewalls than the PS2's, which doesn't fit into BMW's crappy RFT spring rates well.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 06:11 AM   #26
bmwyouse
Rep
Drives: Buick

This thread went horribly astray from the issue of "should I buy?"

That is where I am now; in Florida; sunshine; 6% sales tax. Only the dealers here add "dealer fees" of $500 or $600 in their contracts. They don't do pin striping, "protection package" and cloth after market roofs like the domestics.

If you negotiate from invoice up you have to take into account what they will be tacking on at the end. It seems best to negotiate an "out the door" price.

I logged onto bmwconfig site and see that they add $350 to invoice for MACO, whatever that is and $180 for some "Training Service Fee." Why would that not be included in the invoice price?

For a 2014 X1, Alpine White, sDrive, with fineline wood trim the MSRP is listed at $33,925. The invoice price with the MACO and that other crap is $31,810.

Edmunds has the same vehicle listed at an MRSP of $32,225.00 (what the window sticker shows) and an invoice of $29,715, with a True Market Value of $31,166.

This is confusing. What should that unit sell for down here?

Last edited by bmwyouse; 07-18-2013 at 06:13 AM.. Reason: revision
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 09:07 AM   #27
Lynxx
Rep
Drives: Nissan 300ZX now, X1 soon

For sure, there’s a $925 destination fee that you have to pay. Read the link below concerning fees. Florida has no upper limit on a documentation fee. It says to check the invoice concerning an advertising fee. I don't know about a MACO fee and a training fee.

http://www.edmunds.com/car-buying/wh...d-you-pay.html

Using Edmunds and what you specified, this is what I arrived at. (Even though I used a fixed font, I couldn't get the numbers to line up under each other in columns).

Invoice MSRP
Base 28,335 30,000
Alpine white 0 0
Fineline bay matte 445 500
Destination 925 925
Total 29,715 32,225
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 08:13 AM   #28
Michaelc82
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Bought it

Got the X1... So happy with it.

Only bummer thing, I blew it with the rear view camera.. I thought Technology package meant there was a rearview cam, and snoozed on double checking.. Driving off the lot after signing papers, and noticed there's no rear view camera!!

The sales guy told me about a license plate BMW makes with back up alert sounds, are you guys aware of this?

I'm thinking I need one for both front and back.

Also, too late for me to do parking cams right?

M
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 09:01 AM   #29
Chris Pringle
Private First Class
Mexico
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

^^^^
Glad to hear you are enjoying your new X1.

There are definitely beeping parking sensors (or rear view cameras) that you can get in the aftermarket, but the one from BMW is really neatly integrated w/ its visual monitor. I'm actually surprised to hear that this is not standard in the U.S. Once I saw how BMW's parking sensors worked, I thought the optional rear view camera was quite redundant.

Yeah, it's important to check all the options you need/want before you leave the lot. In the excitement, it's easy to forget. There are a few options the dealer(s) can install in house (some dealers don't want to), but most options have to come from the factory. For example, here in Mexico lots of people don't realize that the X1 doesn't come equipped with cruise control. They notice a few days/weeks later which makes it very difficult by then to negotiate with the dealer. We noticed this before buying the car and requested they installed one before we took delivery. Luckily, this was something the dealer said they could take care of. Otherwise, we had to endure a 3-month wait (or go with the Audi Q3 as our 2nd option.)
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 10:09 AM   #30
nostatic
United_States
Rep
Drives: X1 x28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelc82 View Post
Got the X1... So happy with it.

Only bummer thing, I blew it with the rear view camera.. I thought Technology package meant there was a rearview cam, and snoozed on double checking.. Driving off the lot after signing papers, and noticed there's no rear view camera!!

The sales guy told me about a license plate BMW makes with back up alert sounds, are you guys aware of this?

I'm thinking I need one for both front and back.

Also, too late for me to do parking cams right?

M
Congrats on the car.

imho forget the cams and sensors. I drove for 36 years without them largely without incident. I have a new car with rear view cam (which I'm selling to get the X1) and frankly I think it makes me less situationally aware. Camera feeds are no substitute for properly adjusted mirrors and learning how large your car actually is.

I have a somewhat similar rant about GPS and being able to actually read a map
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 10:42 AM   #31
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Agree on the rear cam, it's an easy car to park. Like all hatches, there's a rear window back there, if you add in a virtual foot of space, it's hard to hit things. I find it funny that all US cars are going to have to have rear view cams, especially things like Minis, where you can practically touch the rear bumper from the drivers seat.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 10:51 AM   #32
Grovsnus
Flight Lieutenant ≛
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Le Mans blue X1 35i

I find the rear view camera quite useful for one thing: not running over my overly excited dog when backing in the driveway.
Otherwise, it's "nice to have", but not really needed, and no substitute for looking. There's no distance perception, and the wide angle doesn't give a completely honest picture.

(It's way better than the camera in the Evoque, though - that one is a joke, with horrible resolution, badly distorted fisheye, and overlay markers that miss the trajectory by a couple of feet.)
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 08:26 PM   #33
bmwyouse
Rep
Drives: Buick

So how much should I pay for this configuration?

Invoice MSRP
Base 28,335 30,000
Alpine 0 0
Fineline 445 500
Destination 925 925
Total 29,715 32,225
Appreciate 0