09-14-2021, 10:26 AM   #1
Jsalgado
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

BMW X1 2013 codes p0641 p0030 p0030 p0098 p2402

Hello everyone !

I am a first time poster been a lurker for many years have had many bmws and have found many solutions to my problems in these forums which I’m greatly appreciative of. Unfortunately I have not found any info for this model with these codes after searching everywhere I believe I have a possible short but not certain. So the symptoms of the car is that the check engine light only turns on when it’s been sitting in the cold or outside on first start of the morning once it warms up during the day or is driven or even sometimes you can shut the car off after it warms up and turn it back on and codes will be gone. Or if I park the car in the garage the check engine light is usually never on, during first start up. I thought it was a possible o2 sensor heater fuse but have checked all the check engine light fuses from the fuse diagram and they are all good. So my question is does anybody know if there is a possible specific fuse for the o2 sensors to heat up or all sensors. Or does anybody have a possible wiring Diagram so I can check all the possible sensors for shorts in the lines, or hopefully somone has had this problem and can shed some possible insight. Thanks in advance 1 Love.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2021, 06:32 PM   #2
Gamb1t
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 330i,X1,Z4,Solstice GXP, RX-8

Have you xref the codes to describe the problems?
Are they related?
If they are random, it could be poor battery charge. Low voltage supply to the ECU can trigger weird random codes.

Another good option for further diagnostic is to hook your X1 to a INPA/ISTAD. It provides specific error messages.
Appreciate 0