XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

11-03-2013, 12:07 AM   #1
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Anyone else thinking of upgrading the turbo?

I've been keeping a close eye on the N55 turbo developments for a year now, and Vargas finally has a turbo bolted onto a test car.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=905962

I have to say, I am seriously considering it. I want to wait and see what the dyno numbers and tuning support are like before committing for that kind of cash, but if it really does put out over 500 whp like they think it will, I will likely bite. I like the fact it is a hybrid solution that appears stock and is compatible with the aftermarket parts I already have.

I just think the prospect of a 500 wheel horsepower X1 is ridiculously awesome. Car would low-mid 11s 1/4 mile with 500whp.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2013, 10:17 AM   #2
EpistemicConfusion
Likes Cars
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxical3 View Post
I've been keeping a close eye on the N55 turbo developments for a year now, and Vargas finally has a turbo bolted onto a test car.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=905962

I have to say, I am seriously considering it. I want to wait and see what the dyno numbers and tuning support are like before committing for that kind of cash, but if it really does put out over 500 whp like they think it will, I will likely bite. I like the fact it is a hybrid solution that appears stock and is compatible with the aftermarket parts I already have.

I just think the prospect of a 500 wheel horsepower X1 is ridiculously awesome. Car would low-mid 11s 1/4 mile with 500whp.
Sadly no, I have no intention of doing any significant modifications. I did some very modest mods to my last car and it had a never ending litany of things going wrong with it. I can't afford to have my DD (and only car for my wife and I) in a shop somewhere.

One day I'll get a project car to do fun things with on the side, but not today.

Good luck though!
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2013, 10:12 PM   #3
wantm135i
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: x1 35i m sport

wow looks promising para
      11-08-2013, 06:53 PM   #4
BlackJackel
Private
Rep
Drives: Black X1 35i, Dinan stage 2

I have owned a 911 Turbo with 600+ hp and a custom Turbo Hayabusa with 360+ WHP.
Both were incredibly fast!
And both were incredibly expensive and unreliable too!

paradoxical, I think you have a great set up. If you go down the 500whp road you are at double the factory HP. In my experience, that is when really expensive things start going horribly wrong. If its a daily driver I wouldn't do it. If its just a toy, go for it (and have lots of $$ standing by...)

If you do it though, please keep us updated! I can only imagine having my X1 as quick as yours, much less even faster!
Appreciate 0