EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

09-21-2016, 04:49 AM   #1
RdeejaysM4
Rep
Drives: 2017 M4 Convertible

BMW Welt Delivery Advice

Hello Everyone,

I am taking delivery of my Tanzanite Blue w/Amaro Brown Ext Merino/19" Black Rims on 8 Oct 2016! The weekend can't get here fast enough.

I will be taking the plant tour on the 7th, Does anyone have any recommendations on what I need to do while I am there? I live in Germany and have been to Munich, but specifically plans for the Welt…

Some have said to go a day early to enjoy the VIP perks of ED individuals.

Anything else???

Thanks can't wait to post pictures for you all!
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2016, 07:28 PM   #2
BeEmVe
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 X1 x28i M-Sport

Visit the museum also remember there is a nice cafeteria so plan for a meal. After the factory tour we had lunch then did the museum, then finally picked up our car. Had we known about the cafeteria we would have come for breakfast too!! It was a full day. As you are doing the factor tour, I think you can check in the day before.

About the only other thing we did before the actual delivery of the car was our rep went through some of the features, like the braking system which was a nice reminder. It was a about a 15 minute video/live presentation. It would be something the dealer would show you but we never saw it cause we knew what we wanted. Oh bring your phone they will pair it with the car and have a BMW play list the rep got a laugh out of that.
Appreciate 1
Dackelone10527.50
      10-02-2016, 05:33 PM   #3
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

I always like to go visit the BMW Niederlassung up the street from the Welt to oggle over the various Individual cars. They keep the Individual cars downstairs when you walk in. In the front showroom... be sure to walk upstairs and see a few Alpina cars on display out of sight. Its a cool dealership. They also have a big gift shop and cafe there.

https://www.google.de/maps/place/BMW....5740752?hl=en

Another place of interest(downtown) is BMW's Lenbachplatz. BMW sometimes has some very special cars on display here. Its sort of a mini Welt in the downtown area. Near the Hauptbahnhof.

https://www.google.de/maps/place/BMW....5685499?hl=en

But IF I were you... I'd head South to the Café Winklstüberl and go drive the Tatzelwurmstraße or even Roßfeldstraße down in Berchtesgaden.

Places to visit near Munich while on ED...
http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1170588

Dackel
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2016, 08:08 PM   #4
XsltAnalyst
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80, 957 Cayenne

You can spend a day touring the city easily, most free tours start at Marienplatz at 10:45ish

If the weather is nice out, you can spend some time in Olympiapark, which is right next to Welt. The welt itself can be toured in 1-1.5 tops.
The museum is okay, worth a visit if you've never been there. Otherwise MB or Porsche museum is well worth a visit if you're passing Stuttgart.
Appreciate 0