01-28-2023, 10:05 PM   #1
Mido01
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X1 xDrive28i

Question Electrical System Malfunction

Hi everyone,

2012 e84 28i xDrive

So, I have the following lights on my instrument cluster and iDrive: yellow ABS and DSC (car with zigzag road?), red hand break and red car on hoist. iDrive says Electrical System Malfunction. Car drives perfectly fine. I believe the code that's causing them is E107 CAN-BUS off. I had rainwater get in the car from the sunroof. Floor mats' surface feel very slightly damp. Sliding my finger under the driver mat it feels wet but not too wet like a puddle. In the trunk, under the compartment in the right corner, there's a pool of water under the foam that is holding an electronic component. Also, the trunk door drips water from the locking mechanism when I open it.

Read codes which gave me almost 95 errors! deleted them and now I have 9 errors, some are not related to this problem.

Went to a bmw mechanic and was quoted $1000 CAD to take everything out of the car, dry it and diagnose the problem. Wanted to see if there's something I can do myself before doing that. I unfortunately don't have a garage or tools to work on the car except for Bimmercode, link and tool expert.

Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2023, 11:52 PM   #2
Gamb1t
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 330i,X1,Z4,Solstice GXP, RX-8

How is the battery condition?
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2023, 07:19 PM   #3
Mido01
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X1 xDrive28i

Update: Ended up being water ingress in the combox in the trunk. Cleaned and dried, no more errors.
Appreciate 0