XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

02-06-2014, 06:35 PM   #1
Firefly65
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1 35i M Sport...on order

Car bluetooth wont stay connected

OK, love my X1 BUT...i am unable to keep the cars bluetooth connected for more than 30 seconds when Sirius is on...AND...i am unable to download contacts from any of my devices to my car ( iPad with retina, HTC One Max, and iPod touch - the newest one). Dealer couldnt figure it out....the person who helped me easily paired her phone with my car and instantly downloaded all her contacts.

I can make a call dialing from the phone but the cars bluetooth will turn off after about 30 seconds.

My 3 devices are unable to download any contacts to the car. And when they do pIr the cars bluetooth turns off after about 30 seconds, then turns on a minute later, then off again....an endless loop.

I have tried forgetting the devices, deleting the devices and restarting my phones and car several times to no avail.

I updated my cars software....no fix. Any ideas? It has to be something configured in all 3 of my devices that is causing this issue. Argh!! There has to be an obviously simple answer...!
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2014, 10:28 PM   #2
lewjeff
Registered
Rep
Drives: X1

I can't help, but I share your pain.

My Galaxy Nexus was rock-solid bluetooth-wise with my X1.
My Moto-X can't hold a bluetooth connection.

A lot of Googling led me to conclude that MANY other people
are having similar bluetooth problems with KitKat, Android 4.4.
I've tried all of the potential suggested workarounds and nothing
has worked to date.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2014, 11:49 AM   #3
Firefly65
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1 35i M Sport...on order

My issue is not only with my HTc one Max but also with my ipod touch and my ipad. I've called BMW Genius and they are "perplexed". Will be taking it to the dealer when i have some time so they can check the X's software out.

I should add that my device's bluetooth is rock solid, it is the car's blue tooth that drops when any of my devices connect for a bit. Dealers iphone worked like a champ yet mine seem to kick the cars bluetooth off line.
Appreciate 0