fdpxfunix
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 xDrive 30d M Sport

Thumbs up New UK X1 Owner

Hello All

Now here's a story...

I purchased an brand new Audi A1 S Line TDi in Feb and took delivery of it 5 weeks ago. A lovely car with superb MPG, low servicing costs (thanks to the service plan) and £20 a year UK road tax. The interior was great with a fantastic Audi MMI system, LED mood lighting and Bluetooth control of my iPhone. It was quick and handled very well... and was fun I do a 100 mile commute everyday and thought this was the perfect car.

So what did I do on Saturday last week? I took a hit and traded it in for a MY2010 X1 sDrive 18d.

It's a long story, but the A1 was just not big enough at weekends and my daughter felt sick in the back. The mother-in-law couldn't get in the back at all and struggled to get in the front anyway. (we ferry the mother-in-law around a bit) The boot could not get a full weeks shopping in and would really have issues when we go to get the Christmas tree in December! With the S Line package you get black headlining, which made the car dark inside and felt a bit enclosed when driving.

Anyway enough of that... on Wednesday I picked up the X1 and feel it's the family car I should have bought in the first place. We test drove an X23d in September 2010 and loved it. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but there's something about it I really like.

The model we've bought has a 'shed load' of extras including full leather, comfort pack, 18" 5 star spoke alloys, sun protection glass, service plan, xLine package, etc etc. The only thing I would have liked was sports seats and the iDrive stuff. Sports seats retro fit anyone?

I driven it around for roughly 100 miles and managed a 53.4 MPG average. That's not bad considering the A1 was averaging 61.9.

Still getting used to the seats and the clutch (as I've got a bad back at the moment) but so happy I'm in something bigger that has plenty more room than my previous 2 cars... an A1 and an MY07 Vauxhall (Opel) Corsa.

I'll get some pics up when I get a minute to download from my camera, but for now... hello to all fellow X1 owners

J.

Last edited by fdpxfunix; 07-15-2011 at 03:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2011, 05:18 PM   #2
danintas
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X3 30d Xline

Welcome, and congratulations ... the X1 is a fantastic car ... had mine for 2 months and almost 5,000 kms, and still loving it!

Looking forward to the photos
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2011, 03:44 AM   #3
gIzzE
Major General
Rep
Drives: F11 + 911 C4

I think the X1 will get more and more popular, it is already BMWs 4th best seller after the 1 series hatch, 3 saloon and 5 saloon.

It is also an incredibly comfy car, with the raised drive height, and gloriously comfy when off the run flats.

I have had untold Audis and BMWs over the last 15 years, from the little A2 through to the big beasts like 535d touring and 3.2fsi Quattro avant, and the little X1 is as good as any of them as an overall package.
However, my only regret is going manual, wish I had bought a 20d Auto, but ho hum, getting used to it.

Sport seats are something I will probably fit too, well, actually two weeks ago when I got it I would have said it was a definite, after two weeks the SE seats actually seem alright, I just wish the front of them would lift more under the knees.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2011, 01:47 PM   #4
rob_378
HongKongX1
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: X1 sDrive18i SPORT

Looking forward to the photos. What color is it? I picked up my X1 today..
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2011, 01:52 PM   #5
mario486
Mario
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X1 XDrive 2.0d, Mini Cooper

Hi fdpxfunix,

A very big welcome to this forum and congratulations on your purchase.

Brilliant introduction by the way!

I used to say that the X1 was a bit of a "best kept secret" but there are loads on the road already so people are catching on.

For those that are still to order, get the sport seats, they are really nice.
"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living" - Nelson Mandela
Appreciate 0