XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

01-07-2013, 07:46 PM   #1
AusX1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X1 2.0D Sport

Mudflaps for MSport

Bought my MSport in April 2010 and mudflaps were not available, only for standard x1's. Anyone know if they make them now?
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 10:41 AM   #2
flzrider
Captain
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusX1 View Post
Bought my MSport in April 2010 and mudflaps were not available, only for standard x1's. Anyone know if they make them now?
Interested in this as well.
      01-09-2013, 01:10 PM   #3
BEAMERBOI
Photographer
United_States
Rep
Drives: x1 35i M version 2013

I got a set off ebay for just the x1 was a hard fit but they do fit.
      01-13-2013, 09:06 AM   #4
CIWS
Moon Parasite
United_States
Rep
Drives: F98 X4M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusX1 View Post
Here you go, I think this is what you're looking for.

http://www.shopbmwusa.com/ProductDet...ProductId=3916

2020 X4M Comp. (currently stock) - Was 2015 335 MSport -MPPK -Borla ATAK -Dinan Sport+ - E.R. Charge pipe / 2013 X1 35i Sport - Dinan tune / 2009 X6 50i Dinan badged
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 02:33 PM   #5
Grovsnus
Flight Lieutenant ≛
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Le Mans blue X1 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIWS View Post
Here you go, I think this is what you're looking for.

http://www.shopbmwusa.com/ProductDet...ProductId=3916
That's the mudflaps for the no-line/X-line/Sport-line. The M-Sport line has a slightly different skirt, and while you can force them to fit, it's not exact, and the BMW catalog says "not for M-Sport". That's the whole point of this thread.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 06:38 PM   #6
CIWS
Moon Parasite
United_States
Rep
Drives: F98 X4M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grovsnus View Post
That's the mudflaps for the no-line/X-line/Sport-line. The M-Sport line has a slightly different skirt, and while you can force them to fit, it's not exact, and the BMW catalog says "not for M-Sport". That's the whole point of this thread.
Didn't see any notation there on that page between the various lines and fit. So that's the reason I posted it.

2020 X4M Comp. (currently stock) - Was 2015 335 MSport -MPPK -Borla ATAK -Dinan Sport+ - E.R. Charge pipe / 2013 X1 35i Sport - Dinan tune / 2009 X6 50i Dinan badged
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2013, 11:29 AM   #7
BeEmVe
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 X1 x28i M-Sport

I thought as my first post I would add to this thread.

As of August 2013 BMW is not making mud flaps for the X1 M-Sport. As such, the only option is to buy the version made for the Sport et al. I just installed, a set on our 2014 M-Sport and it went well enough.

The rear mud flaps have a very near exact fit on the M-Sport as do the other trim options. The only place where fit is slightly different seemed to be at the roll over from vertical to horizontal on the rear trim. One would be hard pressed to see the small 1/32 gap. Had the double stick tape be closer to the edge the gap would probably not be there. One would probably get a similar gap when installing on the other trim version. All hardware was reused with the exception one screw which was needed to secure the felt side mud flap to the undercarriage.

The front mud flaps took a bit more work. The issue is that the M-Sport running board trim has a different profile than the other trim version. As such, the fit is not as good but visually very acceptable, the only noticeable difference is the fit on the horizontal portion of the running board where there is a 1/4" triangle gap. Given that it is underneath you do not see it. I did make one very slight mod and that is trim 1/4" by 1/16" of the mud flap to better match the profile of the trim. There is slight height difference between the running board trim and the wheel trim. Most would not notice it.

When installing the front mud flap I removed the pin from the rivet, installed it then muscled the long pin/rivet into place. This pin/rivet is an odd ball connector. To install it you need a punch, which is inserted into it and pushed into place. Not sure why this connector is used rather than the original which screws in. Once all that was in place I installed the other two screws. My verbiage may not make sense but once one gets the instructions from the dealer it should (the instructions do not come with the kit).

All in all I am please as when I was under the car it was pretty obvious that a lot of road grime gets kicked up. Oh and the flaps can be installed without removing the wheels.

I might try to post a few pictures later (not sure I can as a new member).
Appreciate 1
      09-24-2019, 06:01 PM   #8
Bali
E46 Fanatic
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 E84 F15

Pics of E84 X1 mudflaps installation

Just completed installing ebay mudflaps on our 2013 X1 m-sport and wanted to share a few photos. The rears somewhat lined up with existing screw holes, but needed a lot of force to hold it in place while installing the screws. The front mudflaps needed a little trimming and I just drilled three new holes.

Removing the wheels made it way way way easier. I don’t see why someone would leave them on.

Photos: 1st-3rd are the RF installed, 4th is the LF trimmed, 5th-7th are the LF installed, 8th is LF holes drilled, 9th is LR done, 10th is RF done.
Attached Images

Last edited by Bali; 09-24-2019 at 06:11 PM..
Appreciate 1
Chicone28.00