XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

07-04-2014, 01:35 AM   #1
SEEMENOMORE
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X1 xDrive28i

Bluetooth option for streaming music

iClever Himbox HB01 Bluetooth 4.0 Hands-Free Car Kit for Cars for $29.99+ FS @ Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GJFGE0K

Use coupon L84G8KK8

- The latest Bluetooth 4.0 (fully backward compatible) for full-speed transmission and low power consumption
- Provide a simple hands-free solution for answering and receiving phone calls and streaming music from your Bluetooth-enabled phones while on the go
- Free Dual USB car charger included, capable of charging two devices simultaneously
- Echo and noise canceling technology supply a more clear call quality
- Built-in microphone and built-in high performance stereo audio codec

I did some research and discovered that a majority of people that wish to stream music usually go with the blackberry music gateway but this is a more cost effective alternative. I can not attest to the quality of the blackberry music gateway since I have yet to use one but this device works like a charm. Plug and play without ever having to turn the device on. The wires are somewhat thin but if you just stow it away in the cubby by the USB port you should have no problem. Found a coupon code to drop the price to $29 when checking out but not sure how long it will last. Hopefully someone finds this helpful.

Last edited by SEEMENOMORE; 07-04-2014 at 02:11 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2014, 03:15 PM   #2
aferguson7
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X135i Xdrive MSport

I use the kinovo bluetooth adapter and have it hidden in the little hole below the stereo out of the way so you can't really see it.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2014, 07:47 AM   #3
tominavl
Keeping it Real
Rep
Drives: 2014 X Drive 2.8i Sport Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by aferguson7 View Post
I use the kinovo bluetooth adapter and have it hidden in the little hole below the stereo out of the way so you can't really see it.
I checked this out and it's designed to add bluetooth to a computer. Yet a hidden feature is it will enable streaming music on my lame BT system? Awesome!!! Since you have to plug it into the USB port, then your phone cannot be charged while in the car, right? I suppose I could find a splitter for the single port to solve that problem, though I hate junking up the console.
Appreciate 0