Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

09-29-2012, 09:48 AM   #1
mullini
Mullini
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 i3 BEV

Order Experiences

There's a thread that combines "prices paid" and "order experiences." I thought I'd start one specific to orders. What was the time frame from when you placed the order, until you got a production number, VIN, saw the order enter production, etc?

Any order cancellation stories?

How did it go if you made changes to the order early on?

I placed an order here in LA last Saturday, 9/22, sDrive 28i, Ultimate, lighting, H/K.

Have had no updates to the order since. Am beginning to wonder if allocations remain tight and it will be quite a while before my order enters production, let alone makes it to Port Hueneme...Christmas?
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2012, 04:51 PM   #2
jeremicium
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 328i

Garage List
We had a production order number a day after we placed the order. If the timing is right the dealer is able to grab a car that is already scheduled for production and change it being your own personal production car. I think the status is called scheduled for daily. This allows your car to go into production a little sooner.

From the time we got the production order number to the time it went into being built status was about 5 days. Car was completed about 6 days later and at the port awaiting a ship about 3-4 days after that.

I would think you should have a production order number from your CA by now. On both cars i've had ordered I had one within a day or two of putting money down.

On my last car I wanted to change the interior color from black to saddle and was told it would delay my order by a week or two.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2012, 09:13 PM   #3
dmegeath
Rep
Drives: X1

Same Day

Ordered 9/27/12 - the dealer went into the database and snagged a production scheduled vehicle that was close to my spec and tagged it - then changed the spec for minor details like paint, trim, etc. Same day; got the production number as well as a manufacturing commit for week 41. (week of 10/8/12)
Appreciate 0