Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

09-19-2012, 12:49 AM   #23
jnm
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: fast, but could be faster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicker View Post
It's really an issue with the dealer not ordering it right (due to it being confusing). My X1 that's coming has paddles on it, but I had to specify in the computer when ordering.
The problem is that people (like me) reading all the publicly available documentation or looking at the 'build your own' configurator on the BMW web site will NOT know to ask the dealer to specifically specify it when ordering: every where on the web site or on the customer documentation it says that the M sports package includes a wheel with the paddle shifters.

Now why would a customer when ordering the car then ask for the M sports package and they say "oh, and please add the steering wheel with paddle shifters option to the M package" since it says everywhere that paddles are part of the M package???
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2012, 12:57 AM   #24
jnm
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: fast, but could be faster

Just in case I need to make the point clearer than I have already, look at this screen shot of the 'build your own' web page on BMW USA's web site.

Now, after looking at this web page what would compel you as a customer to ask your dealer for more than just the M package when ordering the car (fully expecting it to come with the paddle shifters)?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2012, 08:42 AM   #25
HotRodW
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1 xDrive28i M Sport

There's plenty of documentation to prove BMW is at fault. I had three separate pieces of proof when I confronted my dealership, including the downloadable equipment list. Any reasonable person would conclude that the M Sport has paddle shifters standard. I guess "reasonable" may prove to be the key word in all this.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0