Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

02-18-2010, 10:36 PM   #23
happygirl
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonygilbo View Post
I ordered one a few weeks ago here in Aus and they said end of March for delivery. Not bad considering if I ordered any BMW as a factory order it would be about the same time.

I am hoping to seal a deal this weekend too in Australia... so hopefully I will be able get in the same shipment as the launch!
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2010, 02:43 AM   #24
coiken
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

ordered mine beginning of Feb 2010, expected delivery 1st week of april 2010

Hope this car isn't gonna be an April fools joke! :-)
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2010, 05:29 AM   #25
frayedsheet
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2012 Jeep GC Overland

Quote:
Originally Posted by happygirl View Post
I am hoping to seal a deal this weekend too in Australia... so hopefully I will be able get in the same shipment as the launch!
not a hope! ordered mine in late december and mine is on a ship that docks on April 9th. Order now and you would be lucky to get it by May... remember they spend 41-46 days at sea.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2010, 01:49 PM   #26
mrbodhi
Rep
Drives: Mini Copper S

with or without xline?
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2010, 12:51 AM   #27
frayedsheet
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2012 Jeep GC Overland

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbodhi View Post
with or without xline?
all 23d's have xline here
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2010, 05:43 PM   #28
happygirl
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by frayedsheet View Post
not a hope! ordered mine in late december and mine is on a ship that docks on April 9th. Order now and you would be lucky to get it by May... remember they spend 41-46 days at sea.
Managed to order my X1 on the weekend... one of the lucky ones to make it time for the March production for May delivery
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2010, 06:31 AM   #29
coiken
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep

Just phoned my BMW garage, my car is ready to go into production, expected delivery end march :-)

That's more then a month earlier then what the leasing told me (may 2010)
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2010, 09:42 AM   #30
largehosier
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 2.3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by coiken View Post
Just phoned my BMW garage, my car is ready to go into production, expected delivery end march :-)

That's more then a month earlier then what the leasing told me (may 2010)
Has yours got the silver x-line and aluminium roof rails?
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2010, 03:08 AM   #31
coiken
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by largehosier View Post
Has yours got the silver x-line and aluminium roof rails?
Nope, I didn't take the X-line... I guess that might be the reason for it being a month early :-D
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2010, 03:37 PM   #32
largehosier
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 2.3D

my 2.3 x drive x line is built !!!!!! should be with me sometime next week...drool
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2010, 12:01 PM   #33
cumulus
Rep
Drives: X1 23d

I was just informed of a 6 week delay, and the reason given was problems getting the X-line rails. Doh..
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2010, 06:35 AM   #34
bjotings
Norway
Rep
Drives: X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cumulus View Post
I was just informed of a 6 week delay, and the reason given was problems getting the X-line rails. Doh..
I ordered mine the second week of January. Production start is currently estimated to week 23!? Also a collegue of mine ordered one in mid December. This one is estimated as well to a production start in week 23.
Both cars (Xdrive 23d and Xdrive 20dA) have X-line rails. I also checked with a Swedish BMW reseller if they had any faster delivery - but unfortenatlely they did not.

Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 09:39 AM   #35
Borsta
-10 X1 23d on order!
Sweden
Rep
Drives: -07 118d -06 525iT -10 X1 23d

I ordered my 23d with x-line mid december and it's in second production week now with delivery week 16.

I can't wait to lay my hands on it.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2010, 03:45 AM   #36
Molteni
Registered
Rep

Hi guys, did you receive your orders in time?

I ordered a Xdrive 18d with xline mid december with expected delivery first week of March. But I am stille waiting. Now the dealer is not able to forecast a new date..
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2010, 02:05 PM   #37
Borsta
-10 X1 23d on order!
Sweden
Rep

That's sad news for you Mr. Norway, it sucks being kept in the dark!

My car is off the production line and on it's way to sweden.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2010, 04:21 PM   #38
pereru
Spanish Member
Rep

In Spain the delivery time is between 4 and 5 month (it depends on xline)

"Everything comes in this life"

Salu2
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2010, 03:03 PM   #39
John Cooper
driver
Finland
Rep
Drives: e84 (X1 Xdrive20dA)& e70 (30d)

Garage List
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjotings View Post
I ordered mine the second week of January. Production start is currently estimated to week 23!? Also a collegue of mine ordered one in mid December. This one is estimated as well to a production start in week 23.
Both cars (Xdrive 23d and Xdrive 20dA) have X-line rails. I also checked with a Swedish BMW reseller if they had any faster delivery - but unfortenatlely they did not.
As far as I know Finland, Sweden, Norway and Denmark got cars from same Scandinavian production pool. I ordered mine (with X-line) the second week of January, my car was made in Feb and delivered to dealership almost three weeks ago. Original delivery estimate date was today, but earlier today I postponed the registration to next tuesday (now I have really cheap kilometers over eastern time with my old car). I hope the weather will be better on next week and I don't have to change winter tires under my new car (my old E91 330xdA Touring has them still in use). In January my dealership told that there could be delays with cars with X-line, but I was lucky
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2010, 06:09 PM   #40
niknik
Private First Class
Portugal
Rep

Just ordered mine a couple days ago, estimated date is mid-June.
As far as I could find, there was a big problem with the chrome finish in the roof rails, and that delayed the entire production line - the sellers told me, if I wanted the aluminum rails the delay would be over 3 months (at least, and not guaranteed not to be even more!)

As I went for a black 23d I didn't mind choosing the X-Line and the regular black roof bars.

As it was already said, here in Portugal - though we're in the EEC - our prices are about 10k € over what you pay in Spain or Germany. Free market my ***!
We have a specific "car tax" that you must pay even if you buy the car elsewhere, and for years we had (and still have!) to pay VAT tax over that "car tax" - tax over tax! - which is illegal, but they keep doing it!

Just recently did the European Union put an end to this, after complaints to the European Court, but our government already found a way around it to keep charging the same amount for the cars.
(It's actually insane, when you consider the average wage is several times less here than in Germany, and about half of what you get in Spain - but you still have to pay more for the cars!)

Well, at least now all I have to do is wait for mine - they said they would keep me updated on any change of the delivery date.

I also got the 8% regular discount they give for companies with over 9 cars (and a bit more - considering I went for almost "full-extras" It is indeed a lot of money, but after test driving it... I knew this was the car I wanted to drive for the next years!
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2010, 02:38 AM   #41
bjotings
Norway
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
Just ordered mine a couple days ago, estimated date is mid-June.
As far as I could find, there was a big problem with the chrome finish in the roof rails, and that delayed the entire production line - the sellers told me, if I wanted the aluminum rails the delay would be over 3 months (at least, and not guaranteed not to be even more!)

As I went for a black 23d I didn't mind choosing the X-Line and the regular black roof bars.

As it was already said, here in Portugal - though we're in the EEC - our prices are about 10k € over what you pay in Spain or Germany. Free market my ***!
We have a specific "car tax" that you must pay even if you buy the car elsewhere, and for years we had (and still have!) to pay VAT tax over that "car tax" - tax over tax! - which is illegal, but they keep doing it!

Just recently did the European Union put an end to this, after complaints to the European Court, but our government already found a way around it to keep charging the same amount for the cars.
(It's actually insane, when you consider the average wage is several times less here than in Germany, and about half of what you get in Spain - but you still have to pay more for the cars!)

Well, at least now all I have to do is wait for mine - they said they would keep me updated on any change of the delivery date.

I also got the 8% regular discount they give for companies with over 9 cars (and a bit more - considering I went for almost "full-extras" It is indeed a lot of money, but after test driving it... I knew this was the car I wanted to drive for the next years!
Finally I got some good news for my X1 20dA with Xline and aluminum roof rails. Production start on my X1 will be in week 20, and delivery estimated in week. 24 (It was ordered in week 2). Over the past 3 weeks BMW has has cut the estimated production start from week 32 to 20.

BTW:
I was in a period searching at www.mobile.de for alternative solutions to a new car - and I did play around in the search options of nearly 1000 uded X1 cars:

Car color:
Black 43 %
White 21 %
Brown 13 %
Silver 11 %
Blue 6 %
Grey 4 %
Red 1 %
Green 0,2 %

Appreciate 0
      04-15-2010, 02:46 AM   #42
Borsta
-10 X1 23d on order!
Sweden
Rep

That's some goods news for you!

My 23d arrived at the dock last week and had status "in transport" from friday last week but after harrassing the sales guy he finally took the time to call the transport company and the car is still at the docks and has not moved at all. Disfunctional logistics SUCKS!!!

So tomorrow I will pick up another car that I can have in the meantime until it comes!
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2010, 03:12 AM   #43
niknik
Private First Class
Portugal
Rep

Mine is scheduled for delivery on week 22, but they say they'll only now "for sure" in week 17/18. Hope there are no delays...
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2010, 03:34 AM   #44
coiken
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep

*sign* mine is already 2 weeks at the garage and still I'm not able to pick it up because they claim to be waiting for my license plates (leasing) :-((

/update: Woooohooo, i can pick up my new X1 next tuesday!

Last edited by coiken; 04-16-2010 at 02:15 AM..
Appreciate 0