Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

01-07-2015, 04:57 PM   #1
Sackman1886
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1 sDrive 28i

Nagging issue with passenger seat belt sensor

I am taking my X1 back to the dealer to check on an issue I have been having. The passenger seat sensor will start going off (chiming as if my passenger needs to buckle up) when there is no one sitting there. It has happened when there's nothing on the seat or resting against the seat. I always have to reach across and buckle the seat belt. I understand this is not a HUGE issue, but it's annoying. Another thing is, I do not want a malfunction when I DO have a passenger in case of having an accident. I don't know what would/wouldn't happen if there was a malfunction.

I'm going back this Saturday to try to solve the issue again. I may have to get my phone and record a video of it next time it happens for proof.

Has anyone else had this? If so, what did they do about it?
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2015, 08:15 AM   #2
BeemerX1
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW

Had that problem as well, dealer found the problem pretty quick.
Faulty sensor in seat, it was broken (4 year old car, 70.000km). 100 Euro without work (hey told me) but it was in guaranty covered.

The noise is coded out in my car (luckily) but I noticed on the red icon on my dash.
In case of a crash I think that airbag would go off as well since the car thinks there is someone on the seat (of wouldn't it go off because seatbelt isn't on, it is on when somebody is in it so no problem there).
Appreciate 0