XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

07-18-2014, 08:09 AM   #1
HBWT
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1X 2.8

Took my X 2.8 in for service on Monday...

Dealer got everything sorted on the first try...TY, Checkered Flag!

I told them there was a squeak coming from the right rear. They found the cause to be the RR upper spring pad. They lubed it and all is quiet now.

I was also having brake judder when braking hard at high speed over the past 2 months and it was getting slowly worse. Tech test drove and duplicated the issue, checked the rotor runout and found it beyond spec. He replaced front pads, rotors, wear sensor, and went ahead and did the biennial fluid flush a few months early. This is the FIRST time I've ever had BMW foot the bill for ANY brake work...6 new BMWs/MINIs since 2002. Whoohoo!

Lastly, I was feeling(and hearing) a very subtle pop/clunk in the steering when driving slowly...mainly through parking lots, over bumps and through dips. This issue had come about over the past few months as well and was also getting slowly worse. Dealer found excessive play in lower steering shaft. They ran "steering, interference noises test plan" and isolated the noise to the lower steering shaft assembly. Plan advised to replace the lower steering shaft...Diagnostic code [D3241_MX000000_16_002]
Part #32-30-6-784-845. For those that are interested, it appears that the part # has changed from what RealOem has listed for my car. RealOem lists part #32306769157. My SA told me that they stock this part so we assume that they have ID'd a weakness and now have an updated/upgraded part.

All is well now.
Appreciate 0