Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

01-12-2016, 12:19 AM   #1
Cam330i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Retrofitting LED Door lights Part: 1 W/ Pics

Hello BMW Brothers and Sisters

For those who don't know, I have retrofitted the X-Line package and the Auto-Dimming rear view mirror, to my base midnight blue X1 (only had sunroof option)

Right now I am in the process of retrofitting the LED door lights on the exterior of the car! For X1 owners with the Premium and or Ultimate package, these are those door lights that light the exterior of the car!

After nosing around, there is not too much available for retrofitting these puddle lights. Either some have given up, the look is too aftermarket, or those simply just asking around.

I wanted the full OEM of the puddle lights, and so now this is my next project

As of now I am still waiting for the last part to arrive from Germany, but this retrofit is not terrible bad.

The other annoying factor is that I have to pay to have the covers (pictured in black) painted to my midnight blue color on my X1, though I have a body shop that can do this in about an hour and for around 60$

As for installation, it seems that you have to take off the door panels, take out the existing covers, put the new cover in with the LED and wire it to the foot well module (so the LED's come on and off with the interior of the car) and that should be it.

Below I have attached some pictures of where I stand right now and a link to another user who has an E90 M3 who retrofitted this to his/her car!

Any questions, let me know, I will be posting part numbers soon enough! And will post part 2 when I get all the parts and the retrofit is going to the next phase.

I post this for other X1 owners who may want this, and or, if you have already retrofitted it, I can gain your assistance on installation to make it even easier,

Thanks again everyone,

Cheers!

Link: http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=219974
Attached Images

Appreciate 0