Midnight Blue
Sport Line
Servotronic
Roof rails in Aluminum Satin
Sport steering with paddle shift

MSRP with destination: $36895
Paying invoice plus MACO and service fee (mandatory by BMW): $34460
Have Drive for Team USA discount so the final cost is $33460

I was at other dealership before and they willing to give me $280 over invoice. Guess NJ is more aggressive with price?
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2012, 03:46 PM   #24
Tirpitz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 328 GT, 2017 i3 REX

Today placed my order for a sDrive28i in basic version without any of the lines. I went cheap and picked the basic white. The interior will be black leather. I love the look of the tan leather but it will not wear as well and I will have a 3 year old in the back so....

After much thought I went with the Ultimate package (Premium/Tech/Driver Assistance) because doing that got me the Driver Assistance for free. The only other option I added is the steering wheel with paddle shifts.

There was no car in anything close to this configuration and I'm not in a hurry as my current car runs so I ordered it. The MRSP is $38,315. I'm paying $36,315 or $500 over invoice. Car is supposed to be in production by end of this week which should mean delivery around Thanksgiving.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2012, 07:03 PM   #25
TX65
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X1 S

I ordered an S-Drive without all the options (actually other than metallic paint - no options) MSRP - $1250

Ordered on Sept 1st
Left Bremerhaven Sept 16th
Due Charleston Sept 30th
      09-18-2012, 07:29 PM   #26
cmk227
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Goal: Another ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVExotics
So far in talking with 3 different dealerships within driving distance, the best offer I've gotten is 3% off sticker price. I'm not finished yet though!
Don't do it until you get a better price.

14 Lexus GX460 & 14 Lexus ES300H
14 BMW 528d Touring Estate - UK
Previous M's: 11 BMW M3 JZB ZCP 6MT, 02 BMW M3 Conv 6MT & 02 BMW M3 Coupe 6MT
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2012, 12:05 AM   #27
Transfer
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bronco Wildtrak, Tesla MYP

Well we bought one tonight! After driving the 35i a few weeks ago I had written off the x1 but my wife and I went back and drove an xdrive28i and we were SOLD. That engine and transmission are fantastic. Found a low options model at BMW Bellevue just like we wanted and drove it home tonight.

X1 xDrive28i
Glacier silver metallic
Black Nevada leather
Premium pack
Cold weather pack
Fineline wood trim
Satellite radio (didn't want it but it was on it)

Bought at $1250 off MSRP (includes $750 loyalty) which is something like $2050 over invoice.
We could have ordered but we needed it now and this build was perfect for us. Here around Seattle there are NO discounts to be had and if you check Edmunds the true market value is actually over MSRP. Ugh. But we didn't have to wait for a build and we didn't pay MSRP so I'm happy! My wife loves it and really it's fantastic.

Anyone want to buy a Tiguan?
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2012, 04:35 PM   #28
woodee
Rep
Drives: 2013 x1

You should read "Letting the Cat Out of the Bag" by James Bragg. He provides the real scoop behind auto pricing websites and the hidden incentives by automakers. It's a quick read but to sum it up...the only way to get a fair price is to make dealers compete.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2012, 06:47 PM   #29
Transfer
Major General
Rep

Well duh. Here in Seattle there are two BMW dealers and they sell cars without having to compete or drop their prices. People will pay what the dealer dictates because they want the cars and when there is only one vehicle at the build and price that you want, it's pretty hard to have anyone compete over that. Next nearest dealer is 200 miles away in Portland and they're just as bad.

Our dealers here have no problem walking away from a sale. They just wait for the next buyer in line. If you don't pay their prices, you don't get the car.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2012, 07:12 PM   #30
woodee
Rep

That doesn't mean you still shouldn't price the others by phone. It looks like you have some in Tacoma Richland and Portland. Call at the end of the month. Once you have a good price call back to your local dealership and ask for the sales manager. If they need a last minute sale they will deal with you.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2012, 07:15 PM   #31
woodee
Rep

Disregard. I just noticed you already bought yours. Congrats and enjoy the ride.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2012, 11:19 PM   #32
jeremicium
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 328i

Garage List
Not sure why the dealers in the northwest are so proud of their cars vs.other parts of the country. I initially queried BMW Northwest for the X1..I have a good CA there, bought my 335 for $750 over invoice. He said that his manager only agreed to $500 below msrp because we were already customers. I contacted BMW Bellevue and Seattle asking for $1000 off msrp and they just flat out said they wouldn't. That being said, Ron Hanson at BMW Northwest Is a great guy, great customer service, great follow through, and very knowledgeable.
So of you haven't made a deal yet, try Ron at BMW Northwest.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2012, 08:09 AM   #33
Transfer
Major General
Rep

Check above, we already bought. We had great service at Seattle and Bellevue and bought at Bellevue because they had the vehicle we wanted. Seattle had 1 xDrive28i with 10 arriving over the next two months and Bellevue had 1 in stock as well. $500 off MSRP was all we were able to get too. The X1 and particularly the 28i, is just too in demand here.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2012, 09:23 AM   #34
heisalan
Photographer
United_States
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremicium View Post
Not sure why the dealers in the northwest are so proud of their cars vs.other parts of the country. I initially queried BMW Northwest for the X1..I have a good CA there, bought my 335 for $750 over invoice. He said that his manager only agreed to $500 below msrp because we were already customers. I contacted BMW Bellevue and Seattle asking for $1000 off msrp and they just flat out said they wouldn't. That being said, Ron Hanson at BMW Northwest Is a great guy, great customer service, great follow through, and very knowledgeable.
So of you haven't made a deal yet, try Ron at BMW Northwest.
Is that because logistics will use up all that $895 destination shit? Or they have enough rich buyers inline around Seattle? In Northern VA, there are 3 or 4 dealers. I got 1400 bucks off MSRP with few add-ons. I think they still reserve at least $500 more to shred.

Last edited by heisalan; 09-22-2012 at 03:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2012, 03:31 PM   #35
mullini
Mullini
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 i3 BEV

Hi. Long story, which I'll try to cut down, behind my order this morning at Beverly Hills BMW (after having a deposit on an X1 from incoming allocation at a different dealership). That earlier deposit got cancelled just yesterday, and I decided, at this late date, it was still worth it to order the exact X1 my partner and I want.

I used the BMW USA site to build the car (s28, Ultimate, Lighting, and Harmon-Kardon in Mineral Grey). Sent that to two dealerships close to my work location. Beverly Hills BMW responded first and set up a morning appointment. The dealership was very calm and relaxed this morning. It seemed like only minutes before the pleasant salesman confirmed that ordering was the way to go. I made my offer (just over 3% under MSRP) and they accepted it. Lol usually a sign I should have asked for more. In the end the salesperson was in the manager's office a while, while I strolled around the lot confirming my color choice to myself. But they stuck with it, I made a deposit, and we are on our way.

So some weeks wasted but big deal. When the X1 gets here, it will be the car we want, and I'll have a couple more pay checks in the bank. And that's my story.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2012, 04:03 PM   #36
stonex1
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 13' X1, 02' Chev S10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullini View Post
Hi. Long story, which I'll try to cut down, behind my order this morning at Beverly Hills BMW (after having a deposit on an X1 from incoming allocation at a different dealership). That earlier deposit got cancelled just yesterday, and I decided, at this late date, it was still worth it to order the exact X1 my partner and I want.

I used the BMW USA site to build the car (s28, Ultimate, Lighting, and Harmon-Kardon in Mineral Grey). Sent that to two dealerships close to my work location. Beverly Hills BMW responded first and set up a morning appointment. The dealership was very calm and relaxed this morning. It seemed like only minutes before the pleasant salesman confirmed that ordering was the way to go. I made my offer (just over 3% under MSRP) and they accepted it. Lol usually a sign I should have asked for more. In the end the salesperson was in the manager's office a while, while I strolled around the lot confirming my color choice to myself. But they stuck with it, I made a deposit, and we are on our way.

So some weeks wasted but big deal. When the X1 gets here, it will be the car we want, and I'll have a couple more pay checks in the bank. And that's my story.
Nice!
Curious, but was there any incentives, or rebates with your offer? Or was it just a straight up here's my price and they took it?
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2012, 04:21 PM   #37
mullini
Mullini
United_States
Rep

Nope. Straight up sale. First time BMW buyer. The only thing said was that if, when the X1 comes, BMW Financial can match or beat my credit union loan rate, would I go for that? I said "sure" why not.

I think it makes a world of difference if you are ready to buy and know exactly what you want. But like I said, there was no back and forth at all. The salesperson looked at my price, said "I think we can do that," went off, came back, and we did it.

I had to email back the other couple of dealerships I had contacted last night, who got back to me this morning, and basically tell them, "Beverly Hills was the early bird for this worm..."

Last edited by mullini; 09-22-2012 at 04:23 PM.. Reason: misspelling
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2012, 04:36 PM   #38
stonex1
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 13' X1, 02' Chev S10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullini View Post
Nope. Straight up sale. First time BMW buyer. The only thing said was that if, when the X1 comes, BMW Financial can match or beat my credit union loan rate, would I go for that? I said "sure" why not.
I'm making an appointment with my bank next week to see what kind of rate I can get. Ideally, it needs to be below 2.9% since that is BMW's offer right now for 60 months.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2012, 03:00 PM   #39
tierwun
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1 228xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxical3 View Post
X1 35i xDrive
M Sport Line
Black Sapphire Metallic
Black Nevada Leather
Driver Assistance Package
Ultimate Package
Technology Package
M Sport Package
Heated Front Seats
Satellite Radio
BMW Apps

$48200 MSRP + $895 destination charge $49095

Got it down to $46325, invoice is $45330 so paid $995 over invoice. This is for a vehicle already on the lot; they offered me to order one at $500 over invoice.

I stacked the BMW college graduate discount on top of this for another $1000 off, so all said and done I got it right at invoice. $500 drive away cash, $646 / mo lease with nothing down.

Good Job! I got about the same numbers - vehicle config, MSRP, offer price even lease price.. EXCEPT I left 1st month, tax title dealers fees first month pay etc (about 2600)

I didnt have loyalty or college grad or anything or any other incentives. Dealer drove a hard bargain as car was on lot EXACTLY the way I would configure it.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2012, 07:16 PM   #40
michal_x1
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 Xdrive40i

I was shopping around for the X1 xDrive28i. The only extra option was the Valencia Orange Color so the MSRP turned out to be $33,795 , Invoice $31,155.
The best offer I got was $31350 so I put in the order

Appreciate 0
      10-01-2012, 08:48 PM   #41
Tirpitz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 328 GT, 2017 i3 REX

Quote:
Originally Posted by michal_x1 View Post
I was shopping around for the X1 xDrive28i. The only extra option was the Valencia Orange Color so the MSRP turned out to be $33,795 , Invoice $31,155.
The best offer I got was $31350 so I put in the order
That is a great deal, congrats!
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2012, 12:21 PM   #42
brettndeb
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i convertible

newbie to this board.....just ordered a new X1 sDrive28i

spec'd as follows

MSport Package
Alpine White
Black Leather
19 inch wheels
Premium Package
Lighting Package
BMW Assist with bluetooth
Harmon Kardon Audio
Heated Seats
Blackout grill--to be added once at the dealer
and yes, got the M paddle shifter option!

wound up getting a deal about 1K over invoice, but then I'll get the BMW loyalty bonus, so it'll be pretty close to invoice. From BMW N Scottsdale, and I've been impressed with their service. Can't wait!

Last edited by brettndeb; 10-02-2012 at 12:21 PM.. Reason: added items
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2012, 01:50 PM   #43
mullini
Mullini
United_States
Rep

Update on my order - I had to push Beverly Hills BMW a little, but about 10 days after placing the order (9/22), as of this morning I now have the production number and the X1 is in production. Yippee! Weeks to go but all I wanted to see at this point is the car on my MyBMW page. And there it is! with correct order info too.
sDrive28i
Midnight Blue
Ultimate
Lighting
Harmon/Kardon
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 03:51 PM   #44
torres806
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1 28i xDrive

Just ordered mine

Im getting my 2013 Metallic Mineral Grey X1 i28 xDrive Sport line. Nevada Black Leather interior with the Grey Red Piping
Cold Weather Package
Lighting Package
Ultimate Package
Harmon Kardon surrond sound system
Satellite radio
BMW Apps
I only paid 41400.00 total with Delivery In Germany and free shipping to the United States
Appreciate 0