Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

08-13-2023, 06:00 PM   #1
singh151151@gmail.com
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 2012

Please Help! BMW X1 2012 Misfires

Hello All,

Happy to join this group. I have a BMW X1 2012, 184KM Mileage.

I can see multiple codes related to cylinder misfire as well as 'damaging exhaust gas after start sequence', along with a Check Engine Light. This is for ALL cylinders. I had got my plugs and coils replaced just last month.

I have taken my car to 3 mechanics till date and none of them has been able to diagnose the issue. They say that multiple misfires are generally accompanied by other codes (not in my case) and that usually helps with identifying the issue.

The third mechanic has suggested to extract, test and clean the fuels injectors, although he mentioned there's no guarantee this will fix the issue. He has asked for $650.

Question: Can you please suggest if I should go with the third mechanic's suggestion? Or there's some other issue here? Car runs smooth and fine btw.

Many thanks in advance! I dont want to sell the car as I love it and just bought it few months ago. But this issue is really bugging me
Appreciate 0