02-21-2011, 07:24 AM   #1
HelVan
Enlisted Member
Norway
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive 18d

looooong 3 months ending soon

Hi all...

you guys are probably tired of these "soon I get my X1" post, but i`ll put one up anyway :P

just 3 weeks left until i receive my brand new X1 here in Norway. Its an xDrive 18d. I Choose an 18d because everything is so damn expensive here. So therefore a smaller engine and more money to spend on extra equipment.
Going to buy a Hartge tuner later on thus
hopefully the snow will stay a couple of months longer here so I can test the xDrive some And this is the first time I have wished for a longer winter in my whole life

anyway... here are some of the specs for my car...I`m psyched!!

Black Sapphire
321 18" Rims
Black Nevada Leather
Automatic Gear
Comfort Package
Sport steering wheel with heating
Roof Rails alum.
Xline package
Sun Protection glass
Headlining Anthracite
Electric Sport seats with memory
servotronic
Performance control
Xenon
home lights
Harman Kardon
usb-audio
Navi Proff
Park Distance Control with camera

at the price of around 77' EUR !!!! thats enough
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2011, 07:52 AM   #2
BillQuarter
Private
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 2 series 218i Grand Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelVan View Post
Hi all...

you guys are probably tired of these "soon I get my X1" post, but i`ll put one up anyway :P

just 3 weeks left until i receive my brand new X1 here in Norway. Its an xDrive 18d. I Choose an 18d because everything is so damn expensive here. So therefore a smaller engine and more money to spend on extra equipment.
Going to buy a Hartge tuner later on thus
hopefully the snow will stay a couple of months longer here so I can test the xDrive some And this is the first time I have wished for a longer winter in my whole life

anyway... here are some of the specs for my car...I`m psyched!!

Black Sapphire
321 18" Rims
Black Nevada Leather
Automatic Gear
Comfort Package
Sport steering wheel with heating
Roof Rails alum.
Xline package
Sun Protection glass
Headlining Anthracite
Electric Sport seats with memory
servotronic
Performance control
Xenon
home lights
Harman Kardon
usb-audio
Navi Proff
Park Distance Control with camera

at the price of around 77' EUR !!!! thats enough
Hi HelVan
I have the X Drive 1.8d SE X1 and you will find that the engine is a 2ltr just the same as the others, it's just lower BHP 141 but I find it's more than adequate.
PS Wish the Servotronic was an option hear.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2011, 08:11 AM   #3
mario486
Mario
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X1 XDrive 2.0d, Mini Cooper

Quote:
Hi all...

Not at all HelVan, you are most welcome here, we have quite a few Nordic friends already.

Congratulations on your choice, some spec you have there. The last months wait is always the worst.

Just for interest my X1 has been absolutely brilliant in the snow although I did put on Winter tyres.
"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living" - Nelson Mandela
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2011, 02:06 PM   #4
HelVan
Enlisted Member
Norway
Rep

hopefully i will be satisfied with the 18d. Hopefully it has enough power... if not, im gonna fix it some other way
Before I bought this vehicle i tried the 320 xDrive and the X1 20d xDrive. Must say that the 320 gave me a driving pleasure no other car has given me before. It was so fun playing in the snow. with most of the power on the rear, but everytime I was loosing it the xdrive just pushed me smoothly back on track. Too bad my gf thought the car was way too low. I tried to convince her many times, but no go there. But I think the X1 is a great replacement

it was almost just as good driving... And I wanted my first bimmer, so the chooise was easy. Really looking forward taking it out in the snow for the first time

I have read different things about the Harman Kardon sound system.. But really looking foward to hear it. Im 37 but never gets bored of loud trance music with plenty of bass... so lets hope I dont get dissapointed :P

But as one said here... the last month is the hardest... I can feel it
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2011, 03:57 PM   #5
mario486
Mario
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
hopefully i will be satisfied with the 18d. Hopefully it has enough power... if not, im gonna fix it some other way
Before I bought this vehicle i tried the 320 xDrive and the X1 20d xDrive. Must say that the 320 gave me a driving pleasure no other car has given me before. It was so fun playing in the snow. with most of the power on the rear, but everytime I was loosing it the xdrive just pushed me smoothly back on track. Too bad my gf thought the car was way too low. I tried to convince her many times, but no go there. But I think the X1 is a great replacement

it was almost just as good driving... And I wanted my first bimmer, so the chooise was easy. Really looking forward taking it out in the snow for the first time

I have read different things about the Harman Kardon sound system.. But really looking foward to hear it. Im 37 but never gets bored of loud trance music with plenty of bass... so lets hope I dont get dissapointed :P

But as one said here... the last month is the hardest... I can feel it
I have been in a X1 demo with the HK sound and it's very good

Expensive, but good.
"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living" - Nelson Mandela
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2011, 07:53 AM   #6
Gatekeeper
Captain
France
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d Security

Quote:
hopefully i will be satisfied with the 18d. Hopefully it has enough power...
Welcome aboard HelVan.

143 horse... Not a ground-ground missile, but way enough juice to overtake in most situations without sweating profusely.
      02-22-2011, 02:05 PM   #7
HelVan
Enlisted Member
Norway
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario486 View Post
I have been in a X1 demo with the HK sound and it's very good

Expensive, but good.
thats nice to hear in a couple of weeks I`ll give you my opinion... and lets hope it comes out as yours
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2011, 02:06 PM   #8
HelVan
Enlisted Member
Norway
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatekeeper View Post
Welcome aboard HelVan.

143 horse... Not a ground-ground missile, but way enough juice to overtake in most situations without sweating profusely.
thx for the welcome...

haha... goodie.... I dont like to sweat in some situations so hopefully I will find it juicy enough too
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2011, 10:17 PM   #9
BMWDave
Totally Add1cted
Australia
Rep
Drives: X1 Xdrive23d

Garage List
2011 BMW X1 23d  [7.66]
Know your pain HelVan, except mine's been a long four months. I pick mine up next Wednesday, the 2nd of March Going straight to the tint shop and hopefully I can get her again that night. Pics will follow but I'm terribly excited!
      02-23-2011, 10:38 PM   #10
BTECH.au
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 E84 X1 23d Sapphire Black

As someone who waited 7 months for mine, I trump all of your pains But all the sweeter when you get it...
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 07:01 AM   #11
HelVan
Enlisted Member
Norway
Rep

Oh dear...

A friend of mine bought an Audi Q5 last summer and waited, as you, seven months for it... ... That's just way too long.. But as you say.. All the sweeter when you finally get it.. But I doubt I had managed to wait that long

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTECH.au View Post
As someone who waited 7 months for mine, I trump all of your pains But all the sweeter when you get it...
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 08:21 AM   #12
manicm
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X1 sDrive18i

Called my dealer, my X1 is 'sailing' and should be in at about 3 weeks. The countdown starts now
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2011, 03:22 PM   #13
HelVan
Enlisted Member
Norway
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by manicm View Post
Called my dealer, my X1 is 'sailing' and should be in at about 3 weeks. The countdown starts now
wel.. then its a race between me and you aswell expect mine in week 11
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2011, 03:49 PM   #14
Gatekeeper
Captain
France
Rep

Quote:
wel.. then its a race between me and you aswell expect mine in week 11
These delays speak volumes about how coveted the X1 is. BMW doesn't seem to be building them fast enough !
I got one of the first ones here in France back in January 2010, and it had been ordered the previous November... Barely 8 weeks to delivery.
      02-28-2011, 05:15 PM   #15
BMWDave
Totally Add1cted
Australia
Rep
Drives: X1 Xdrive23d

Garage List
2011 BMW X1 23d  [7.66]
Tomorrow....I get mine finally tomorrow!
      03-01-2011, 07:17 AM   #16
Gatekeeper
Captain
France
Rep

Somebody will sleep very little tonite ...
      03-01-2011, 09:43 AM   #17
Pepe79
Red Devil
Rep
Drives: X1 20d xDrive

Congratulations HelVan! I decided to choose the 20d and skip the proff navi instead (price) I bought a tom-tom for 240 EUR instead. OK no parking cam, true
I was also checking HARTGE. My dealer said for tuning vs warranty: "I have not heard that question". So maybe after the warranty expires, I'll do it. It is only 2 years (grrrrr) Will see the power. I will have the car soon. I actually have the car (at the dealer) + number plate (just have to be "printed") separately. Now we just have to put them together
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2011, 12:37 PM   #18
HelVan
Enlisted Member
Norway
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe79 View Post
Congratulations HelVan! I decided to choose the 20d and skip the proff navi instead (price) I bought a tom-tom for 240 EUR instead. OK no parking cam, true
I was also checking HARTGE. My dealer said for tuning vs warranty: "I have not heard that question". So maybe after the warranty expires, I'll do it. It is only 2 years (grrrrr) Will see the power. I will have the car soon. I actually have the car (at the dealer) + number plate (just have to be "printed") separately. Now we just have to put them together
ahhh... you are soo close getting that car... 2 weeks seems so looong for me.. haha...

much of the reason why I chose the navi proff was the interior look. I think the interior looks better with the screen there instead of the glove compartment. and I also wanted the idrive controller... My gf had the option to choose one thing on that car..haha.. and she chose the parking cam :P not sure if I should be worried about that choice or not :P

luckily BMW now offers a 5 year warranty in Norway.. that is truly great

I checked with the importer of Hartge in Norway and he said that the warranty on the engine, transmission etc was not void after the installation of the Hartge tuning. He said that the tuner kit must be installed by a BMW certified workshop. Maybe thats why the price of the hartge is 2x-3x as much as an unofficial tunerkit/chip.

Here in norway they have capped down the 140bhp to 136bhp due to high taxes. so after the Hartge tune i will get around 171bhp.

but anyway... gotta "feel" my 18d a couple of weeks first. maybe it has enough power for me after all (thus i doubt it)
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2011, 12:40 PM   #19
HelVan
Enlisted Member
Norway
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWDave View Post
Tomorrow....I get mine finally tomorrow!
envy envy!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2011, 04:42 AM   #20
Pepe79
Red Devil
Rep
Drives: X1 20d xDrive

I'll get it on Friday! After ordering it in November, it is not much more time to wait.
It really looks better with navi, but I heard it is easier to update the tom-toms. I also wanted the cam (as I'm a girl hehe) but it was not possible without navi. (I'll have the PDCs) At Toyota they have the pic of the cam in the rearview mirror... its quite handy if you don't have navi.

5 years? lucky you. in NL it is 2. What about the other countries?

I only drove the 18d and it was so powerful... comparing to my 64 bhp Skoda how much is the tuning? Around 2000 EUR?

Quote:
ahhh... you are soo close getting that car... 2 weeks seems so looong for me.. haha...

much of the reason why I chose the navi proff was the interior look. I think the interior looks better with the screen there instead of the glove compartment. and I also wanted the idrive controller... My gf had the option to choose one thing on that car..haha.. and she chose the parking cam :P not sure if I should be worried about that choice or not :P

luckily BMW now offers a 5 year warranty in Norway.. that is truly great

I checked with the importer of Hartge in Norway and he said that the warranty on the engine, transmission etc was not void after the installation of the Hartge tuning. He said that the tuner kit must be installed by a BMW certified workshop. Maybe thats why the price of the hartge is 2x-3x as much as an unofficial tunerkit/chip.

Here in norway they have capped down the 140bhp to 136bhp due to high taxes. so after the Hartge tune i will get around 171bhp.

but anyway... gotta "feel" my 18d a couple of weeks first. maybe it has enough power for me after all (thus i doubt it)
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2011, 04:52 AM   #21
Gatekeeper
Captain
France
Rep

Quote:
I only drove the 18d and it was so powerful... comparing to my 64 bhp Skoda how much is the tuning? Around 2000 EUR?
Oh my, you are coming up in life !

03-02-2011, 05:35 AM   #22
mario486
Mario
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
So did you go for the 2.0d or the 1.8d? I think you will find they have enough power without the upgrade. Don't know about the NL but here there are very few areas where you can use the power (speed) anyway.
Appreciate 0