Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

05-25-2017, 12:03 PM   #1
aliozan
Turkey
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 E84 2.0xd

I need ideas about 2011 X1 E84 N47 2.0xd Engine Hesitation Problem

Hello dear BMW users!

I have a problem with my car. I dunno how to begin explaining, so here are the symptoms;

My car is 2011 X1 and has 2.0L diesel N47 engine.

About a week ago, I started to experience a slight vibration coming from the engine through entire chassis. Still the same if not a bit worse. It almost feels like the car is stalling, like when you drive stick. You can also call it as hesitation. It happens in between 1.7k-2.2k rpm, when both running on gear or on idle, when I slightly push the throttle. I hooked up the car to a pc via bluetooth obd2 scanner yet I only received unreliable results, like it was giving me fault codes that has no meaning for any BMW. Also there is a slight ticking sound coming from the engine itself as rpm rises. It is different from the normal diesel engine sound. Also there is no engine check light in the dash panel.

I suffered enough from authorized BMW services that is why I am asking you guys. Any idea can help. I'm thinking it is due to throttle position sensor malfunction. I did some research and it was the only thing that came out so far that made sense. Also do you guys need any additional info, please let me know.

If I had any other way to figure this out, I wouldn't come here.

Thank you all for your time.

Last edited by aliozan; 05-25-2017 at 12:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2017, 11:06 AM   #2
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: C6Z

I think you'll have more luck posting on a region 3 series forum. N20 and N55 seem to be the X1 most on these forums have

I think you are on the right track with sensors. I would check the O2 sensor also. Maybe it's failing but not yet to the point where it throws a code
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2017, 11:10 AM   #3
aliozan
Turkey
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 E84 2.0xd

Thank you, that makes sense.
Appreciate 0