XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

05-22-2017, 10:22 AM   #1
jinda
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1 xDrive35i M Sport

Connected Drive Folders Missing

Hey guys. So a little background, I had the new combox replaced the old one from the recall. It was installed and working properly until my OEM warranty expired on end of Apr this year.

Wasn't able to renew my BMW Assist subs immediately and was 2 weeks late so my service was cut off.

During the time that my service was cutoff:
  • Wasn't exactly sure about the expiration date so I pressed the SOS button to talk to BMW Assist rep and hoping to extend or renew. The call brought me straight to 911 so I realized it has expired. Said it was a mistake a ended the call.
  • After a few seconds, the car dialed 911 again but on its own. Apologized and ended the call.
  • Then it did the same thing. I had to turn off the engine to stop my car from calling 911.

I called using my phone instead and renewed my subscription. I got the connection with ConDrive but realized the Messages folder (which is the only one I'm using) is not showing on the iDrive screen. I think there are other missing folders but I'm not sure since only the Messages is the one I always use.

Called BMW and was told to bring the car in. Brought it on Tuesday (May 16) and as of last weekend, they can't find what the problem is. They said they contacted BMW Corp to ask for help.

Just wondering if this happened to others too. Can't believe it will take this long to figure what seems to be a programming issue.

Service rep told me they are actually thinking of replacing the computer which they said is really expensive. I have the extended warranty so I'm not really worried but just wondering why it will end up having to do that.

They said one of the request they sent corporate is the approval to replace the computer if no solution is available.