XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

11-28-2015, 02:44 PM   #23
schoy
Major
Rep
Drives: Melbourne Red E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by djDori_C View Post
+ 1 million

Priorities people, wash first, cellphone second
+ Another million.

Advances in, and awareness of, cleanliness and sanitation have done more to increase the human life expectancy than anything else. A bar of soap and a gallon or two of water a day is not too much to ask.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2015, 03:41 PM   #24
Needbmwpartzz
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 bmw 328i x-drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD
Grimey is trending
Yup.....way back playback!
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2015, 03:59 PM   #25
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

I'm going hipster for winter just need some neck and knuckle tattoos
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2015, 04:17 PM   #26
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtabi
Quote:
Originally Posted by catchm3ifyoucann
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtabi View Post
If those people can't afford to clean themselves to the point they don't reek then they should not be in a store selling cell phones.
Says the guy who drives a brand new m3, has a stable career, and most likely lives in a home. Instead of judging people on your high horse why don't you try to see things from their shoes?

I'm not surprised that on a BMW forum a conversation about personal hygiene has turned into a "the lower class" can't afford it. People need to cut this class non-sense out, because in reality no one gives a **** what class you are in. Not everyone has the same luxuries as others, some people have trouble putting food on the table, and some people have to choose over things that aren't as important. Not everyone makes enough money to be showering twice a day.

If personal hygiene is your ultimate judging factor of a human being than thats just sad. I look for things such as morals, values, and what they stand for.

As much as I like this forum, some people on here think that just because they drive a BMW they are God's gift to mankind.
If I could not afford to wash myself I would not own a cell phone.
Reminds me of this pic...
Attached Images

11-28-2015, 05:21 PM   #27
Yessir
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: car

Everyone posting about people with poor hygene should watch an episode of "Adam ruins everything" about guess what?? Personal hygene..... Yeah. I think it will change your perspective on what cleanliness is and what the American public has been brainwashed into thinking about cleanliness.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2015, 06:21 PM   #28
Lone Star M3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
Reminds me of this pic...
This picture reminds me of this:
Appreciate 2
      11-28-2015, 10:58 PM   #29
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Reminded me of this, haha.

Appreciate 0
      11-29-2015, 06:49 AM   #30
mccannable
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yessir View Post
Everyone posting about people with poor hygene should watch an episode of "Adam ruins everything" about guess what?? Personal hygene..... Yeah. I think it will change your perspective on what cleanliness is and what the American public has been brainwashed into thinking about cleanliness.
I saw a clip from that episode but I will watch the entire thing. That show has turned out better than expected. It's like the video version of a Cracked article.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2015, 09:09 AM   #31
X Driver
Second Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: X5M Black Fire Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
That's a European thing. The water systems move less volume than ours so they have a culture of using minimal water.
Less frequent bathing, shampoo once a week, much more cologne, almost no water in standing toilets. I wish they would discover deodorant though.
Never read such a bullshit!!

I am an european, i shower daily (with shampoo) i "discover" Deodorant, i wash my Hands and in my appartment i have endless water supply.

Like all my friends and Family do and have..
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2015, 09:32 AM   #32
Doc Oc
Captain Fatbelly
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63 amg

Quote:
Because 42% of the population is democrats. Showering has become non-pc. Same as girls shaving.
Considering about 75% of the Jewish population and 56% of the female population vote democrat you may want to rethink your assumptions....or at least not post them in public. Along with your keen insight into European hygene we are all a bit dumber for having read your posts.

2008 dct coupe, evolve engine/dct tune, ttp, ms intake, megan exhaust, cf ds. Sold.

Last edited by Doc Oc; 11-29-2015 at 09:39 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2015, 09:52 AM   #33
chinko
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtabi View Post
If I could not afford to wash myself I would not own a cell phone.
Sadly he's got a point, common sense marketing brain washed sheeps don't get.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2015, 11:41 AM   #34
NEFARIOUS
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330xi (TRADED IN)

Garage List
Welp, I had a decent 6 month temp-to-hire contract going, but then inconsiderate roommates who doesn't respect other people's sleeping hours and a drug-addict [former] friend harassing me at midnight fucked that one up (I was falling asleep and got let go... Which of course if they'd give me one more week when I moved it'd be a non-issue), so I did Uber to ensure I can keep up with my bills... I shit you not; some of the passengers are absolutely atrocious.

If you want to smell like a dead skunk, take the bus for all I fucking care, or even the taxi where the driver smokes in the car so you smelling like hell makes no difference... Not to mention he doesn't have a rating system that must remain above 4.7/5, so he has nothing to lose if he says you smell like shit. Instead, BO-having-motherfucker, you're in a privately owned car instead of either a corporate-owned bus or taxi, or a leased Prius or Corolla that they got just for Uber. Either way (specific to the passenger), you're also going from a high-end shopping center (South Coast Plaza) to a baller house in a beach city, so I know you can not only afford soap, but probably some high-end soap like this $95 Creed Boutique while I'm sticking with dollar store Irish Spring , so your excuses for smelling so bad you made me gag is left at zero... Also it's too frickin' cold (45°F) to roll the windows down, and keep in mind I have other passengers after you too.

I swear, once I get my rainy day funds reestablished or find a high-paying permanent gig, I am definitely not letting a single stranger into my car.
::THE MACHETE::
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2015, 11:50 AM   #35
Darkfiber
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G20 330e

Quote:
That's a European thing. The water systems move less volume than ours so they have a culture of using minimal water.
Less frequent bathing, shampoo once a week, much more cologne, almost no water in standing toilets. I wish they would discover deodorant though.

Holy crap man

You guys really look down on europe like we're a 3th world country

djeez lol
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2015, 12:12 PM   #36
UglyBuzzard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 / M5

After sports for many years, not looking for that locker room smell in the chap next to me. Always bring small Binaca squirter thing with me and accidentally spray the stinker while attempting to spray my mouth. Works every time.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2015, 12:19 PM   #37
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Yesterday morning 6:30 a.m. at a very highly regarded supermarket ( not Wholefoods ). Walking over to the bakery to get some fresh loafs, a man working in the bakery talking with a fellow employee does a brief ass scratch over the pants.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2015, 12:26 PM   #38
Xtabi
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSinger
Yesterday morning 6:30 a.m. at a very highly regarded supermarket ( not Wholefoods ). Walking over to the bakery to get some fresh loafs, a man working in the bakery talking with a fellow employee does a brief ass scratch over the pants.
Sam's Corner Hotdog restaurant. July 18th 2009. Garden City Beach SC. Approximately 12:30.

While waiting on my order up by the counter I notice the guy cutting hotdog buns cuts his finger. Without flinching he thrusts his hand into the ice machine which is filled with a ton of ice cubes.

Three seconds later another worker scoops up some ice and dumps it into a cup. Then fills cup up with Coke for an order...

Not sure what this thread is turning into at this point but I'm going to be scared to read anymore lol.
      11-29-2015, 12:29 PM   #39
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSinger View Post
Good thing it wasn't Whole Foods where he could then pick up and return something from the communal food bins such as bread or pastry.

Edit: missed that it was an employee not another customer... In this case that may have been the guy making or packaging the bread.
      11-29-2015, 01:05 PM   #40
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Quote:
Good thing it wasn't Whole Foods where he could then pick up and return something from the communal food bins such as bread or pastry.

Edit: missed that it was an employee not another customer... In this case that may have been the guy making or packaging the bread.
YES, they just added the self-serv bread bin to my local store.
I've been requesting the donuts & muffins be placed behind the counter and retrieved by request.

Wow, glad your put off by the bread bin also.
Appreciate 1
      11-29-2015, 01:28 PM   #41
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSinger
Quote:

YES, they just added the self-serv bread bin to my local store.
I've been requesting the donuts & muffins be placed behind the counter and retrieved by request.

Wow, glad your put off by the bread bin also.
Yes, I am. I was looking for pre-packaged bread one day when an employee asked me if she could help. I told her I was looking for pre-packaged bread. She said (with an attitude) that customers prefer to be able to go through the bread the way it is, leading me to believe I was the only one who didn't like the new arrangement. I told her it makes me want to not shop there. Same thing with dessert - I was shopping there one day and saw a women with very long hair rummaging through something on display while her hair was dragging through stuff on the next shelf and on another day someone letting their young kids pick up food and put it back. The irony to the employee with an attitude is that this change is more likely WF is trying to save on labor costs than anything else. They could easily turn the displays around and let an employee with gloves on bag whatever customers want without letting dozens of people pick through it but that means more labor.

I've never been one much for buffets and other forms of communal food troughs so I switched over to Fresh Market, whereas I used to shop at both. Maybe you and I are the exceptions and most people are ok with having others pick through their (overpriced) food before buying it at places like WF.
      11-30-2015, 12:29 AM   #42
hongsc
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328i

Let me guess it was either T-Mobile or Sprint.
      11-30-2015, 12:30 AM   #43
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by hongsc View Post
Let me guess it was either T-Mobile or Sprint.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2015, 04:54 AM   #44
Zerouali
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datake View Post
Holy crap man

You guys really look down on europe like we're a 3th world country

djeez lol
It's fine, in Europe we're not convinced the US is even a 3rd...!
Appreciate 0