XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

11-03-2013, 11:48 AM   #67
clbmw
Major
Rep
Drives: 320d M135i

I don't give a monkeys if there are Chinese versions of my car about.

I care about how it drives. When it stops being best in class I'll change, not because there is a cheaper version of it somewhere in the world.

In fact I'm glad others will be able to enjoy BMW dynamics for a lower price
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2013, 11:53 AM   #68
aajami
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Gray '09 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Further proof to why a new X1 is being fast- tracked to production in late 2015.

* New Dynamic profile.
* Front Wheel Drive and XDrive.
* More space and flexibility.
* BMW EfficientDynamics including three cylinder engines.
* Optional Torque vector control
* Available in eDRIVE model.
* Expansive in-car technology options.
* BMW ConnectedDrive.
* BMW X2 Sport Activity Coupe model.
* Weight reduction over current model.
* Performance BMW X1M model 360-380 PS.
* BMW X1Li model specific to China.
Is there really a market screaming for a ~400HP FWD X1 with M badging? Is there a car that BMW won't make? So much for exclusivity...

I don't want to live in this world anymore.
Mods: M Performance exhaust | ZCP retrofit | Euro airbox | GTS DCT flash | JPN 240 ECU flash | Euro LCI taillights | CRT lip | OEM alarm retrofit | Space Gray bumper plugs | BMW Performance: Mk. II spoiler / Mk. II non-electronic steering wheel / mirror caps / front grilles / side gills / intake louvers / emblem
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2013, 12:26 PM   #69
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus135i View Post
Just in case you didn't get it, his comment is powered by knowledge & facts, yours by racism and the lack of knowledge.
China makes many cheap things (in terms of quality) and many products are "single use" stuff, so the fact that there will be a similar product outhere with a similar design will damage the image of the good one.

Use your common sense and try to make a difference between bad quality and bad image induced by chinese products, and racism. The fact that somebody does not like chinese products it does not mean racism. I guess that before you are rushing in conclusion you should see the facts and look also at the nuances, not to mention check the dictionary before using a term that has nothing to do with his post.

In the other hand, I dont buy chinese products because i want the others to prosper as well, it is not goo d to feed one part only, it will affect the economy for all of us in the future; also I will notbuy their products because they steal design, ideas and copy everything being incapable of showing imagination. In other words I do not support piracy and stealing. That makes me a racist?

Nonetheless, it is true, BMW wash its image in a bad way, and i dont want to drive a car that is build cheap somewher else, regardless mine is different; many people will not be able to see the difference anyway.
Good luck in selling that stuff and keeping your premium image.
A part of BMW name was image and when that one is gone people will walk away from the new ToyMW.

Last edited by Teutonic; 11-03-2013 at 12:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2013, 02:13 PM   #70
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajami View Post
Is there really a market screaming for a ~400HP FWD X1 with M badging? Is there a car that BMW won't make? So much for exclusivity...

Yes performance compact SAVs are going to be a significant addition to the segment especially when they downsize full luxury concepts to the compact class. In a few years time expect a Porsche compact SUV below the upcoming Macan. It's going to happen.

The X1M will be XDrive only and an X1M will be exclusive.
      11-03-2013, 03:03 PM   #71
clbmw
Major
Rep
Drives: 320d M135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26
Quote:
Originally Posted by aajami View Post

Yes performance compact SAVs are going to be a significant addition to the segment especially when they downsize full luxury concepts to the compact class. In a few years time expect a Porsche compact SUV below the upcoming Macan. It's going to happen.

Too right, the world will start spinning backwards the day ///M do FWD
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2013, 07:12 PM   #72
aus135i
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracus View Post
China makes many cheap things (in terms of quality) and many products are "single use" stuff, so the fact that there will be a similar product outhere with a similar design will damage the image of the good one.

Use your common sense and try to make a difference between bad quality and bad image induced by chinese products, and racism. The fact that somebody does not like chinese products it does not mean racism. I guess that before you are rushing in conclusion you should see the facts and look also at the nuances, not to mention check the dictionary before using a term that has nothing to do with his post.

In the other hand, I dont buy chinese products because i want the others to prosper as well, it is not goo d to feed one part only, it will affect the economy for all of us in the future; also I will notbuy their products because they steal design, ideas and copy everything being incapable of showing imagination. In other words I do not support piracy and stealing. That makes me a racist?

Nonetheless, it is true, BMW wash its image in a bad way, and i dont want to drive a car that is build cheap somewher else, regardless mine is different; many people will not be able to see the difference anyway.
Good luck in selling that stuff and keeping your premium image.
A part of BMW name was image and when that one is gone people will walk away from the new ToyMW.
Mate,I think you miss understood, that post was for the other guy! simply used your original replay as it had facts.
      11-04-2013, 02:59 AM   #73
bluekn8286
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 BMW M3 Dinan S1

Sorry, but this is really horrible looking. Furthermore, it just makes it seem like the other brand made a knock off of BMW's SUV (since most consumers don't know that BMW actually partnered with the company)
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 02:13 PM   #74
ncraig
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: R35

Calm down guys most likely this is only a test car and I'm quite sure this prototype will not end up as a production vehicle, automakers in China sometimes make those wired EVs to show a little concern about environment to gain acknowledgement from the government, and after couple months you won't hear a single word about those vehicles anymore.
In this case, it's more economical to build a prototype EV on the basis of existing vehicles, and Brilliance-auto's own product line can't provide a better platform than E84 that's why they made such a move, and that's why it's just a x1 with difference body kits plus a wired tailgate—coz it's just a test vehicle.
I own e84 x1 in China and few bmws in the United States, I do admit Chinese auto market is generally not mature enough regarding taste and technology compare to NA and Europe, but it's glad to see automakers over there making effort.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2013, 08:47 PM   #75
nickdpp
Enlisted Member
Singapore
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

unbelivably ugly, i am wondering who will buy this junk
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2013, 06:41 AM   #76
nickdpp
Enlisted Member
Singapore
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kant View Post
You're the one who lives in China, you tell us...
I was born here, and living here in last 15 years, Honestly i have seen this post on Chinese auto website, price of this car is 65000USD, 99.999% of the people laugh at that, pay 65K $ to buy this crap?, real insane I prefer to pay 65K $ to buy a "real" German car.
But please do trust me, BMW and its joint-venture are not stupid, this is not a commercial project, it's a political deal, environment-friendly auto industry is so welcomed by the local goverment, this project could give the local party boss a big achievment in his resume, of course as a return BMW and its joint-venture could obtain a basket of preferential commercial conditions eg. tax cuts, lands at lower prices, new factory approvals, why not do it, DEAL!

Last edited by nickdpp; 11-06-2013 at 07:31 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2013, 10:41 PM   #77
Frosty
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M240i - 2021 - 6MT -

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-sauerkraut View Post
The Chinese are rip off artists, so this way BMW makes money and controls the fraud at ground zero...
It's actually quite Brilliant!
Using Brilliant like this brilliant HA!
Prelude (5MT) (1995)
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2013, 12:58 PM   #78
mikew007
Rep
Drives: 2014 X-1 xDrive 35i M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Bubble View Post
Better looking than the X1
What the hell is a Toyota Azzholo?
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2013, 01:02 PM   #79
mikew007
Rep
Drives: 2014 X-1 xDrive 35i M

The only thing that bothers me about this story is the "rumor" of Exporting. I do not want to see that thing running around the States.

Lexus - Toyota - Scion - Poop
Porsche- VW
BMW - Zinoro? LOL Hell no.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2013, 12:33 AM   #80
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post

Scott, if BMW was going to make the X1M, why on earth didn't it make one based on the current model which is far better suited for a performance vehicle with the 20/80 RWD split, hydraulic steering, and the N55 engine?
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2013, 09:03 AM   #81
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

The Zinoro 1E is actually genius when you really think about it.

Here is an entry electric vehicle primed and ready for the worlds largest luxury car market. And a major projected growth country for electric mobility.
These cars for now will be restricted to China. Global markets could follow but possibly not within the next few years.

This is also one of the reasons why the new X1 has been brought forward and is testing as we speak ahead of its premiere in 2015.
This segment is hot at the moment as global sales of the current X1 testify to. A new X1 will allow BMW to quickly regain the momentum with an all new car with minimal sales dip.

Another interesting move in the compact premium segment is potential in cross overs offering high performance but with a smaller footprint.
A high performance X1M would be an interesting move as core competitors will offer the Audi Q3RS and the Mercedes-Benz GLA 45AMG.

Returning to now.
A ltd edition BMW X1M as a run out model is certainly interesting...