XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

09-08-2012, 04:01 PM   #23
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

One other thing that sucks - the hole that the 335 users use to route the USB cable is plugged on the X1. I couldn't find a way through the firewall so I had to route the stupid cable through the window.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2012, 05:44 PM   #24
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by formula M View Post
Why not get a tune?
???

I have a tune, the JB4. I'm talking about the USB cable that hooks up to the tune so I can log the data from the engine.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2012, 07:35 PM   #25
IZAGLO
Mbira
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sedonna Red 09 135i SOLD

Getting back to the transmission....I was so sure BMW would offer a 6MT in the X135i....It's available in Europe why not the uSA??????Are we friggin auto-whipped over here or what?? I have driven 6MT for the past 30 years and also own a 135iStep which i also like but to be honest i miss the MT and my next car most likely will be a MT again...But the 6 speed Step is a fine trans and IMO there are really no negative aspects that i feel when in manual mode or DS...D is pretty lame IMO so i really do not use it much as the car seems to alway's feel out of gear...like being in 6th at 50-55 is a bnit lame..in DS at least it's good and manual paddle shifting is right on....Having driven a couple 8 speed auto's already i think to me it's tooo many gears..The cars seem confused at times and coming to a stop it has to row through 7 downshifts before you come to a stop...a bit much if you ask me, and would drive me a bit bonkers going through all those gears on a repeated basis day in and out....6 is enough!. I am still thinking about a 335xi 6MT Msport possibly which will take care of my issues...but i would of liked a Xi though...toooo bad.
      09-09-2012, 02:04 AM   #26
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by formula M View Post
No, u have a piggyback, that is not the same as a "tune". This has been established many times over. Please don't confuse the two. With a tune, you wouldn't need any of all the things u speak of.

So I ask again.. why not a tune.. or, why have You chosen to go the JB4 route instead of a tune?
There are no good compatible ones from what I've seen. Piggybacks are all we've got for the N55 at present. I wasn't confusing them, but since "tunes" like the Cobb don't exist for the N55, I figured you knew what I meant and were using the term colloquially.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2012, 03:24 PM   #27
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Some updates:

This is an awesomely fast SUV.

My ER Chargepipe is installed and fits perfectly. On Friday I took it to the track and put down a 13.4 with the car misfiring for the last 1/8 mile due to a bad mix of gas. My trap speeds were 91mph (10+mph slower than they should be at 13.4 because of the misfiring), and I STILL Ran a 13.4.

I figured out the misfiring issue, and am getting perfect logs from the jb4 now with a 40% e85 mix on Map 5.

I easily expect to be in the 12's when I re run it at the drag strip this friday, making the X1 faster than a Porsche Cayenne Turbo, and the same as an X5 M.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2012, 04:37 PM   #28
investor27
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X3 M40i

Man. I would love to slap a chip onto my 28i, but I just can't risk voiding the warranty on the wife's car.
Appreciate 0