Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

04-26-2014, 09:30 AM   #1
matjen
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 X1 xDrive 28i

New Member - New X1 xDrive28i

Hello,

Thought I would quickly introduce myself. Just placed an order for a 2015 X1 xDrive28i. I pretty much ticked off all the boxes. Mineral White, Coral Red leather, M Sport Package, 19 inch wheels, Ultimate Package, Lighting Package, Heated Seats, and Harmon Kardon Stereo.

Gonna be a long 6-8 week wait. If anyone has any advice I'm all ears. I figure a Burger Stage 1 tune may be in my future after break in.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 04:17 PM   #2
zero-2-sixty
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive35i

Some window tint....hope you test drove thoroughly the msport with the 19s - could be harsh ride on tough city surfaces like NYC has. Nice color choice.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 05:17 PM   #3
matjen
Enlisted Member
Rep

I only got to test drive the M Sport with 18 wheels which I found way, way better than the regular X1. One of the salesman has the 19 inch wheels and said he loved them. I plan on getting a set of 17s with snow tires. I hear you about the roads. Live in Chicago and looks like Syria in some stretches. My other car is a Boxster S so I am not too worried about the stiffer ride.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 05:31 PM   #4
danielj
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 x2

I love the 19's, the ride is superb. They are just easy to curb

Congrats on the new ride!
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2014, 09:01 AM   #5
Kennyboy
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1 Xdrive 28i

How much was the car with all the boxes checked?
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2014, 09:33 AM   #6
matjen
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennyboy View Post
How much was the car with all the boxes checked?
I didn't negotiate hard or do anything special out of laziness and knowing that the odds of anyone having my car the way I wanted it were near 0. So I just used TrueCar and it spat out a number for a 2014 model assuming it was on the lot. I asked them to honor it for 2015 and for my custom build and they did. $43,030 before stupid doc fees. $43,194 before taxes. No financing.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 10:32 AM   #7
Kennyboy
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1 Xdrive 28i

Sounds like a nice deal. Got my Xline, premium package, cold weather package and tech package for $40K. I took it from the dealer's lot, and it did not come with the lighting package, which was the worst part of my purchase. Without the packages the car is just not worth buying...the base trim came with nothing, no exterior upgrades, no 18 or 19 inch rollers, no power seats, no heated steering wheel and seats, no nice looking interior, no navi, no bluetooth connectivity, no dimming mirror, no moon light window, etc...I mean, even a Corolla S is loaded with more feature, and for the same base price I could have bought a WRX STi hatchback, if I'm just into performance with a bit cargo space. A BMW should be a blend between luxury and performance, and you gotta buy the optional things to obtain the luxury side of it. The X1 is way overpriced even at its base price for the performance it offers, stripping all its luxury features. Only by getting the packages, you could make it a well-balanced purchase any way. And it turns out to be a very handsome deal at that price, compared to any other BMW models with the N20 and ZF 8 Speed, and the only one that retains the HPS with these.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 01:56 PM   #8
matjen
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennyboy View Post
Sounds like a nice deal. Got my Xline, premium package, cold weather package and tech package for $40K. I took it from the dealer's lot, and it did not come with the lighting package, which was the worst part of my purchase. Without the packages the car is just not worth buying...the base trim came with nothing, no exterior upgrades, no 18 or 19 inch rollers, no power seats, no heated steering wheel and seats, no nice looking interior, no navi, no bluetooth connectivity, no dimming mirror, no moon light window, etc...I mean, even a Corolla S is loaded with more feature, and for the same base price I could have bought a WRX STi hatchback, if I'm just into performance with a bit cargo space. A BMW should be a blend between luxury and performance, and you gotta buy the optional things to obtain the luxury side of it. The X1 is way overpriced even at its base price for the performance it offers, stripping all its luxury features. Only by getting the packages, you could make it a well-balanced purchase any way. And it turns out to be a very handsome deal at that price, compared to any other BMW models with the N20 and ZF 8 Speed, and the only one that retains the HPS with these.
I agree with your perspective. I personally think the M-Sport package is the way to go. That really differentiates it from the other small CUV/wagon thingies. As you say, the luxury options do as well. Wish these things didn't cost $$ though. Worth it to me but can see why others would just opt for a CX-5 or a Forester or, frankly, a new GTI. I wanted the AWD and a bit of an older persons car since I have the Boxster S but the new GTI is very enticing based on the European reviews.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 10:23 PM   #9
Can_Car
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 X1 xDrive28 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by matjen View Post
Mineral White, Coral Red leather, M Sport Package, 19 inch wheels, Ultimate Package, Lighting Package, Heated Seats, and Harmon Kardon Stereo.
It was my understanding that the HK Stereo was not available with the xDrive28. On the order sheet that I saw for my 2015 it only allowed the HK with the xDrive35. Not sure if this is just a Canadian thing or not.

2015 X1 Valencia Orange, M Sport

Last edited by Can_Car; 04-30-2014 at 10:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2014, 07:01 AM   #10
Twix
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 e91

Garage List
It used to be a Canadian thing, but the hk sound should be available on all levels
Appreciate 0