Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

11-24-2014, 01:26 PM   #1
chesterflaps
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 Msport X30D

Looking for a bit of bluetooth help

Hi all.

I have just bought myself a 2010 BMW X1 and I am wanting to make a few changes and wondered if anyone had any advice.

I am wanting to stream my music from my iPhone 6 to my car. I have managed to connect the phone so I can make/receive calls, but I cannot get it to stream music.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

I have no issues with buying either an OEM or an aftermarket satnav screen which allows bluetooth music streaming, which fits at the top of the dash in the centre where the little cubby hole is with the flip up cover. I just don't know where to start looking for either. I have seen the ACAP9300 and a Rupse branded one but not sure if they are any good. And even if it's possible to get an OEM one fitted.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2014, 05:55 PM   #2
aferguson7
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X135i Xdrive MSport

the existing bluetooth system, if you dont have iDrive, only does phone calls. I bought a kinovo bluetooth adapter and installed it and now I have music streaming for $40 instead of $2400.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2014, 03:14 AM   #3
Shredjim
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 x28 X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by aferguson7 View Post
the existing bluetooth system, if you dont have iDrive, only does phone calls. I bought a kinovo bluetooth adapter and installed it and now I have music streaming for $40 instead of $2400.
I googled it and found a few different options. Would you mind sharing the data of what/where you got it and how it works? I have a non tech x1 and enjoy the blue tooth connection for phone but would also like to play pandora & music on my iPhone without having to connect the cable!
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2014, 09:54 AM   #4
Kennyboy
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1 Xdrive 28i

You have to link the phone and audio separately. I play music from my iphone6 and Galaxy Note 2 no problem at all. When you check the connection, make sure both phone and audio icons turns white. Usually the phone icon is connected as soon as you connect the phone to your car, but first time users must connect the blue tooth audio on its own. Most of the time both phone and audio will be connected ever since. Occasionally the audio will be off. If that happens just turn off and reconnect bluetooth on the phone. When you make a phone call your music may be paused. Make a second phone call turns it back on. Otherwise you can un-pause it from the phone.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2014, 09:59 AM   #5
Kennyboy
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1 Xdrive 28i

Also with iPhone 6, make sure your phone's volume is turned on. With the Galaxy Note 2 of mine, the phone's volume is independent from the car's volume. Meaning even when the phone is on mute the music can play from the car, and the volume can be controlled by the car's volume alone. With the iPhone 6, both the car's volume and the phone's volume controls could be used to control the music's volume.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2014, 02:49 PM   #6
chesterflaps
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennyboy View Post
You have to link the phone and audio separately. I play music from my iphone6 and Galaxy Note 2 no problem at all. When you check the connection, make sure both phone and audio icons turns white. Usually the phone icon is connected as soon as you connect the phone to your car, but first time users must connect the blue tooth audio on its own. Most of the time both phone and audio will be connected ever since. Occasionally the audio will be off. If that happens just turn off and reconnect bluetooth on the phone. When you make a phone call your music may be paused. Make a second phone call turns it back on. Otherwise you can un-pause it from the phone.
Thanks for the reply.

When you say "You have to link the phone and audio separately", can you explain how I actually do that? I cannot see a selection within the menu for anything different. Or will I get another bluetooth connection showing on my iPhone?
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2014, 07:09 AM   #7
johninjax
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 X128i LeMans Blue M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by aferguson7 View Post
What is the model number?
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2014, 02:17 PM   #8
chesterflaps
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by johninjax View Post
What is the model number?
ditto
Appreciate 0