Other/All-Season 8 17.02%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

03-02-2013, 07:42 PM   #45
nospam
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 Alpina B6; 430i; X5 40e

Looks like Goodyear is officially OUT!!

Appears you make get Pirellis or Continentals now.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2013, 10:25 PM   #46
xact
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1 xDrive28i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSportX1 View Post
Interesting, you got the same tires as mine. But, your car is X28i M Sport and my car is X28i Sport Line. I picked up my car two weeks ago. It seems that recently BMW changed tires from Pirelli Cinturato P7 Run Flat to ContiSportContact SSR for both X28i M Sport and Sport Line. How do you feel the ride of the tires? I feel the ride is good.
My xDrive28i M Sport arrived two weeks ago and came with non-staggered Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season 225/45 R18 tires.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 12:24 AM   #47
CIWS
Moon Parasite
United_States
Rep
Drives: F98 X4M Competition

Not sure how long they are going to last in mileage, but the Pirelli Cinturato P7 are some of the cheapest run-flats out there.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....r=Sport%20Line

2020 X4M Comp. (currently stock) - Was 2015 335 MSport -MPPK -Borla ATAK -Dinan Sport+ - E.R. Charge pipe / 2013 X1 35i Sport - Dinan tune / 2009 X6 50i Dinan badged
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 07:02 AM   #48
mickkassem
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 MSport

Was the staggered wheels ordered? It sort of changes the look of the M Sport not having the wider tires in the rear. Also, from a cost standpoint, the rear wider wheels and tires ate a lot more expensive. Bottom line, if the staggered layout was ordered, shouldn't BMW owe you money?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 09:28 AM   #49
nospam
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIWS View Post
Not sure how long they are going to last in mileage, but the Pirelli Cinturato P7 are some of the cheapest run-flats out there.

Those are the all-season P7s. Cheaper and inferior in performance to the summer P7s. Read the previous pages of this thread.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 09:30 AM   #50
xact
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIWS View Post

The weather here in Michigan has been awful since I took delivery (ice and snow), so I haven't really formed much of an opinion of the Pirellis yet. I guess I can't really say anything bad about them so far as they seem to ride fairly well and they have handled our slick conditions here admirably.

Although I have no idea how it translates to real-world durability, the Cinturatos have a tread wear rating of "500" - so I would imagine they should last a relatively long time.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 09:31 AM   #51
Grovsnus
Flight Lieutenant ≛
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Le Mans blue X1 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by xact View Post
My xDrive28i M Sport arrived two weeks ago and came with non-staggered Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season 225/45 R18 tires.
This has me confused. I thought he M-Sport came with staggered performance tires by default, not all-season?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 09:36 AM   #52
xact
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickkassem View Post
Was the staggered wheels ordered? It sort of changes the look of the M Sport not having the wider tires in the rear. Also, from a cost standpoint, the rear wider wheels and tires ate a lot more expensive. Bottom line, if the staggered layout was ordered, shouldn't BMW owe you money?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grovsnus View Post
This has me confused. I thought he M-Sport came with staggered performance tires by default, not all-season?
I did intentionally order my X1 with the all-season tire option and was prepared to deal with the resulting compromise in summer handling and winter traction performance. (I've had cars with dedicated summer/winter tires before and I am very familiar with the benefits of each.)

So... when I ordered (shortly after Christmas), I quadruple-checked with my SA to ensure that my X1 was indeed properly configured with the recently-added "2MY" all-season tire option. (Same with the "7XA" paddle-shift option that had been problematic for others in the past.)

However since the "2MY" option was poorly documented and information on it was scarce, I did not know that ordering "2MY" meant I would be receiving a square tire setup instead of staggered. By the time this thread (nospam's post on 1/19) alerted me to the fact that I would likely get four identical wheels/tires, my X1 was already built.

Upon taking delivery, I showed my SA the 2014 "2MY" spec sheet that shows an all-season, yet staggered setup. However, he thinks this is simply an error as M Sport packages on other models generally include a square setup when spec'ed with all-season tires.

Although I absolutely love my X1 overall so far, I am fairly annoyed with how how this played out. This is the first BMW I've ordered/owned and I am not impressed at all with their shifting, ambiguous spec list.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 10:10 AM   #53
CIWS
Moon Parasite
United_States
Rep
Drives: F98 X4M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by nospam View Post
Those are the all-season P7s. Cheaper and inferior in performance to the summer P7s. Read the previous pages of this thread.

Like I said, some of the cheapest run-flats I've seen.

2020 X4M Comp. (currently stock) - Was 2015 335 MSport -MPPK -Borla ATAK -Dinan Sport+ - E.R. Charge pipe / 2013 X1 35i Sport - Dinan tune / 2009 X6 50i Dinan badged
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 10:35 AM   #54
nospam
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xact View Post
Upon taking delivery, I showed my SA the 2014 "2MY" spec sheet that shows an all-season, yet staggered setup. However, he thinks this is simply an error as M Sport packages on other models generally include a square setup when spec'ed with all-season tires.

Although I absolutely love my X1 overall so far, I am fairly annoyed with how how this played out. This is the first BMW I've ordered/owned and I am not impressed at all with their shifting, ambiguous spec list.
It is true that you receive a square setup on the F30 if you order the A/S option w/M Sport. The 2014 X1 order guide also states a staggered setup with the A/S but I have a feeling it is a mistake once again as Tire Rack doesn't list an A/S RFT staggered fitment, I don't think one exists.
Appreciate 0